Expected salary

Hello all.My husband is an architect havi g 12+ yrs of experience in design and supervision.I just want to know how much salary companies are offering to archietects having 10+yrs experience nowadays. And we have to two kids one is school going nd other will join school mext yr.So how much slary should be enough for a family woth 2 school going kids. Im living in saudi arabia nowadays.

Hi Niddu,

Expected salary is different. If you are living in Saudi Arabia, 1 Omani Rial is almost equal to 10 Saudi Riyal, I think the best thing should be ask for all the relocation cost and negotiate accordingly. You should ask for at least 30% hike. Oman is comparatively moderate and cost of living is less. You can easily get a good 3 Bedroom apartment in around 500-600 OMR. School Fees , differs on school type, but you can add a monthly cost of around 200OMR per kid. You can check other post to get an idea of cost of living in Oman

Thanks mohit for detailed reply

A salary between 2500-2800 OMR can be expected if the role is with one of those international firms like Atkins,Parsons etc.