Rebate for registration tax on uk vehicle

Hi. I brought an English car with me when I came to live in Romania and paid about €800 to get it registered with Romanian plates. Since then the eu has declared such a tax illegal and has told the Romanian government to repay such taxes to the payers. But apparently you have to go through a lawyer. Has anybody knowledge or experience of this? Would sure be grateful for some advice. Thanks a lot.
Dave tj

You don't necessarily have to go through a lawyer, but you can.  The tax will be returned to you in equal payments over 5 years.  Also the process can take 9-16 months before you get any money back

This form link may be useful to you: … 4_2016.pdf

Romaniac Experts Team

Thanks Romaniac. Thats very useful. Will complete the form .

New topic

Expatriate health insurance in Romania

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Romania

Moving to Romania

Find tips from professionals about moving to Romania

Travel insurance in Romania

Enjoy stress-free travel to Romania