Driving lessons

hello everyone. just wanna ask
if im the only one here having a driving lesson for 1 hour and the instructor will charge for 2 hours.

Thanks & regards

Dear pilyang_annetot

No you are not the only one.. Though it is illegal for the instructor to do so, it is a common practice for most of the instructors in driving school in A'Ali..

If you are not satisfied with your driving instructor, you can contact a different instructor and get his name stamped on your book from the driving school office. That's the best you can do.. However you can only do this for I think 3 times, after which you cannot change anymore.

So good luck with your driving school lessons..

Dear dkolkata,

thanks for your response. actually, i already finished my lessons. i just need to know if i had the same experience with others here. the thing is, with a very short period of time (which is 1hr per session) the instructor didn't even focused on teaching me. most of the time he's busy on the phone and he don't care if i learned or no. just my two cents.

Dear pilyang_annetot

That's what I said.. The instructors simply look at their watches to note when 1 hour is over, sometimes even 40mins, to collect the money from you.. Most of them are not bothered whether you are learning the rules properly or not.. I was fortunate to get a good instructor who really paid attention to improving my skills, however such people are rare.

Hope you have got your license and enjoying driving around in Bahrain.. Good Luck..

No no .. mebbe the instructor that you were learning from was minting money from you .. bitter truth that most of the instructors do this as it's become a normal practice and people here in Bahrain have just adjusted to the situation .. I was lucky enough to get a tutor who actually took the two hour session for me for 11 straight days .. quite an ethical man ..:)

the instructor didn't even focused on teaching me. most of the time he's busy on the phone and he don't care if i learned or no. just my two cents.

Abit worrying if an instructor is on his mobile while teaching you how to drive? Not a very good example to the new drivers out there given the law was passed the year before about using mobiles while driving. This instructor should know better about safety on the road!!  :o

Now i know why there are so many drivers out there on the road who use their mobiles while driving.
That phone call or whats app message is much more important than safety on the road..  :mad:

No no .. mebbe the instructor that you were learning from was minting money from you .. bitter truth that most of the instructors do this as it's become a normal practice and people here in Bahrain have just adjusted to the situation .. I was lucky enough to get a tutor who actually took the two hour session for me for 11 straight days .. quite an ethical man ..:)

Was your instructor on the mobile while teaching you how to drive?  :/

Not on mobile my friend ...as I said he was an ethical man ...he was a retired BDF employee ...and worked by the laws.. two hours of teaching which would mean at least 1.50 hours of letting me drive ..take money ..stamp and sign my driving book and funny thing drop me till the nearby bus stop  ... If I felt the need to sip a tea or something he used to take me to a cafeteria  on our way or sometimes the men's praying area inside the driving area and get me a lemon tea to refresh and resume my driving :p

Not on mobile my friend ...as I said he was an ethical man ...he was a retired BDF employee ...and worked by the laws.. two hours of teaching which would mean at least 1.50 hours of letting me drive ..take money ..stamp and sign my driving book and funny thing drop me till the nearby bus stop  ... If I felt the need to sip a tea or something he used to take me to a cafeteria  on our way or sometimes the men's praying area inside the driving area and get me a lemon tea to refresh and resume my driving :p

Now this sounds like a genuine driving instructor. If he worked by the laws thats  :top:  in my view!
I'm sure he will do well.. Good luck to this genuine instructor and thanks for sharing this info.
:top::top:

And apparently I got through my test and passed in my first attempt .. probably was lucky enough to have a driving license in the first 6 months of moving in the country ..

And apparently I got through my test and passed in my first attempt .. probably was lucky enough to have a driving license in the first 6 months of moving in the country ..

Yes, well done to you. Certainly helps having a driving license here given the public transport is somewhat very limited.  :)

Good day everyone.
i have a License from philippines and i have aLso experience on driving.
do i stiLL have to take the driving Lesson here in bahrain?
and how much it wiLL cost to get a car License here.
thank you so much.

You would still require to take up driving class + tests here in Bahrain ....
For 2 hours theory and learner's license - BD 35
Getting a instructor for 22 hours each - BD 5 per hour
Catching a test date BD 20 ...
If you pass then another BD 20 for taking the drivers license
---------------
Total - BD 185 if you clear in your first attempt.
Now if you decide to take up extra hours with your instructor for confidence ....or if God forbids you fail and the cop asks you to cover another 6-8 hours of session ... And then again taking a test date ... that would add go a little around BD 200+

Thank for mindblowin for explaining the cost related to getting an drivers license, also giving you a heads up  paulfabroa15, few instructors do pick you from your work/home and most ask you to come to the driving institute so you may want to take that into consideration the transport cost (taxi) to/fro the driving institute as well.

T&R

Thank for mindblowin for explaining the cost related to getting an drivers license, also giving you a heads up  paulfabroa15, few instructors do pick you from your work/home and most ask you to come to the driving institute so you may want to take that into consideration the transport cost (taxi) to/fro the driving institute as well.

T&R

Lets hope the instructors wont use their mobiles while teaching the newly to be drivers on the road.  :dumbom:

A very good post by mindblowin  :top:

Good luck and drive safely  :cool:

Can share his contact number?

Thanks

Owaisbhat41 wrote:

Can share his contact number?

Thanks

Car Instructor 602 - +973 3922 1372
Car Instructor Adil 721 - +973 3400 7119 (the guy who trained me)
---- you can find plenty of instructors number from mumsinbahrain's FB group or personally asking someone from the driving school

Still you have trained with him and your good experience is worth it. I dont want to come across any one who spends time on his mobile.

Thanks for your help.

hi,

Few of my friend took classes with a guy who's english is really good and he will finish the classes in 2-3 weeks

i don't remember the name but i know the number

Still you have trained with him and your good experience is worth it. I dont want to come across any one who spends time on his mobile.

Thanks for your help.

I certainly agree with you! Dont spend time with an instructor who is busy on his mobile!
Not a good example especially when teaching new drivers.  :D

---- you can find plenty of instructors number from mumsinbahrain's FB group or personally asking someone from the driving school

:top::top:

Very useful information thank-you  :thanks:

Hi Bro,

Can you share the Driver contact no?

Thanks in advance

FYI

The rates have gone up by BD2 ...
FYI to all future learner's

mindblowin wrote:

Could you please send me the instructor name

i think the format to select instructors have changed,
other day someone was saying you need to do it online ..
below link to help you find a driving instructor.
u can speak to them and schedule a slot

https://services.bahrain.bh/wps/portal/drivingschool_en

Venuslathwal wrote:
mindblowin wrote:

Could you please send me the instructor name and contact number on my email - [email protected]

You can ind the names of all instructors on the website of traffic directorate, another way is getting their names from driving school directly. You can identify the one who is located nearby you, so sometimes they can consider picking up and dropping also. Also see list on mums in bahrain dot com.

hi, although its so late to comment now but do you know any good instructor

Can you give name and number of that instructor. I also want to change my instructor