How to save money in Maldives

Hello everyone,

Did you plan your budget before your move to Maldives? If so, how did you go about it?

How do you save money in your day to day life? Do you find there are any areas where you can't cut costs?

Do you have any tips about saving money in Maldives? For example, getting the best deals on accommodation, grocery shopping and dining out, the best value transportation, etc..

Are there any apps or websites that have helped you to save money?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

If you are getting Maldives (Rufiyaa) salary please convert into dollars it will easy to carry anywhere, cause rufiyaa not valid in other countries

Dear Presila,

This has reference to your following questions:

Did you plan your budget before your move to Maldives? 
YES I DO MADE A PLAN ON HOW MUCH BUDGET DO I REQUIRE FOR BEFORE GOING HERE IN THE MALDIVES.

If so, how did you go about it?
I WENT TO THE WEBSITE ABOUT THE COST OF LIVING IN THE MALDIVES.

How do you save money in your day to day life?
SAVING MONEY IS BY  WAKING   AND NOT TAKING TAXIS & BUS  & TAKING THE CHEAPEST FERRY FARE.

Do you find there are any areas where you can't cut costs?
NO AREA HERE YOU CAN CUT COST, EVERYTHING HERE IS EXPENSIVE.

Do you have any tips about saving money in Maldives?
SAVING MONEY IS BY  WAKING   AND NOT TAKING TAXIS & BUS  & TAKING THE CHEAPEST FERRY FARE.

For example, getting the best deals on accommodation, grocery shopping and dining out, the best value transportation, etc..
CANVASS FIRST ON THE ALL AVAILABLE INFORMATION YOU CAN GET IN WWW.

Are there any apps or websites that have helped you to save money?
NO SUCH THING .

Hi,

Really the accommodation and the food costs are little bit higher than those of Sri Lanka and India. Are you coming to Maldives for a job or to a visiting purpose?
The best way is to cook food yourself that will cut off the half of the cost you spent to the restaurants and cafes. And there are places to find out for low cost rooms in Hulhumale.

For more information, reply me at ***
Best Regards
M J Jezlan Marikkar

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct