How to save money in Kuwait

Hello everyone,

Did you plan your budget before your move to Kuwait? If so, how did you go about it?

How do you save money in your day to day life? Do you find there are any areas where you can't cut costs?

Do you have any tips about saving money in Kuwait? For example, getting the best deals on accommodation, grocery shopping and dining out, the best value transportation, etc..

Are there any apps or websites that have helped you to save money?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

well , first you make your own food at home so you can save restaurant budget
Shopping during the sale time and for food shopping you can download application named ( Kilshay) it has all the promotions for hyper markets

Hi P;
Well no one can tell you how to spend/save your money but you.... as each one has his own perspective about the life he/she wants to live in Kuwait & also according to how much each one is making..
but ill give you what i do once i receive my salary each month:
1) I put a side the amount that i want to save (force myself actually ha ha).
2) i pay all my bills, credit card, loan, etc..
3) i put another amount in my supplementary card (for grocery & outings)... so once it's all gone i STAY HOME ...
4) I check the sale in the shops to buy what i need from cloths or anything else (because there is always SALE)...
5) I Try to do my groceries at Coops & the monthly grocery thing is through Hyper markets where you will find a lot of discounts/sale going on there, but to be honest it is more or less like Coop prices unless it is a KILLER promotion or so..
6) I try not to spend in any unnecessary outings (instead i host people over at my house which is better as a gathering and cheaper by all means).
Like i said before it all depends on how u want to live your life here, some people starve themselves/ doesn't go out to save...i don't as i love to have fun... Savings will come when u least expect
Again all the ABOVE IS ME AND WHAT I DO ...... :)

Cooking at home, Shopping in centrepoints instead of high branded shops and keeping aside 30kd away from your monthly income are few of the best possible ways.

use the warren buffet approved method of saving which is simple:

dont spend then save, save then spend.

control the amount you are allowed to spend and it'll come naturally, saving that is.

Hello. Can I save my money in Kuwait