Electric Motorbike in Ho Chi Minh City

Can someone help me by advising me on the things to look out for in getting an electric motorbike in Ho Chi Minh city?

I have the following queries:

1. Do i need to have a motorcyle licence for riding an electric motorbike?

2. How far would a fully charged electric bike last me? 60km?

3. Where can i find a reputable store that sells such bikes?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome on Expat.com zippo ;)

I hope that other members will contribute to your various queries soon.

Regards

Hi, Zippo

U don't need to have any motorcycle licence for riding an electric motorbike.

U can find it at:
- 206 Phan Đăng Lưu, Ward 3, Phú Nhuận District. Tel:083 8451 455
- 901 Hậu Giang, Ward 11, District 6. Tel: 083 8768 774

I hope that some infomation I give may be useful for u :) Have a nice day, zippo :)

Thanks Cinderella!

I will try to visit the two shops.

Cheers!

May i know how much it cost to buy an electronic bike. I am also interested.

Between 5-10 mil VND.

Please don't forget to buy a good helmet also.

Some shop in Vo Thi Sau street, D3.

Take care on raining season.Too difficult to find the place repair electric motobike.

Thanks Budman1 and Hoangquyen.

Hi dragon slayer, wanna buy together to get some discount?

Zippo i am not making up my mind yet in buying one or go for a motorcycle.

Hi Zippo, which dist are you staying? I heard the mileage for motorised bicycle is quite low, e.g. 20km? Ever thinking of getting a second hand 50cc bike, no licence required.

zippo wrote:

Thanks Budman1 and Hoangquyen.

Hi dragon slayer, wanna buy together to get some discount?

I am putting up at Binh Thanh district.

Yes, the distance will matter.

When you say "no licence required", are you saying that It is alright to drive that second hand bike with no licence? Are you sure?

Yup, there is no license required (50cc below), that is what my staff told me, after I told them I do not have a motorbike license (only got Class 3 :D).

Can anyone verify again? Thanks.

zippo wrote:

When you say "no licence required", are you saying that It is alright to drive that second hand bike with no licence? Are you sure?

@zippo: Yes, with motorbile under 50cc, you don't need to have a license
@ Henry: What are you doing in HCM ?

henrylamcs wrote:

Yup, there is no license required (50cc below), that is what my staff told me, after I told them I do not have a motorbike license (only got Class 3 :D).

zippo wrote:

Lysa, I'm in HCMC all the while, where do you think I am in ;)

I thought you knew that all the while :D

Lysa Tran wrote:

@zippo: Yes, with motorbile under 50cc, you don't need to have a license
@ Henry: What are you doing in HCM ?

henrylamcs wrote:

zippo wrote:

So Henry,

You are riding a 50cc bike now? Good?

henrylamcs wrote:

zippo wrote:

It's true.  One game I've heard of is putting a 100cc in something like a Honda Cub and keeping the 50cc stickers.

You're not likely to be pulled over anyway.  Most of the police don't speak English or don't want the hassle of trying to.  You have top be in obvious violation of the law and in a position to be easily stopped.  That electric bike should do the trick!

Hi Zippo, not yet, actually.

zippo wrote:

So Henry,

You are riding a 50cc bike now? Good?

WideAwake wrote:

You're not likely to be pulled over anyway.  Most of the police don't speak English or don't want the hassle of trying to.  You have top be in obvious violation of the law and in a position to be easily stopped.

Interesting you say that. I keep getting told I will get stopped because I am a westerner ie an easy target. And typicaly most dont have a license (I do). I will admit its yet too actually happen tho.

I am an Asian :o, so that will make a difference :lol:

laidbackfreak wrote:
WideAwake wrote:

You're not likely to be pulled over anyway.  Most of the police don't speak English or don't want the hassle of trying to.  You have top be in obvious violation of the law and in a position to be easily stopped.

Interesting you say that. I keep getting told I will get stopped because I am a westerner ie an easy target. And typicaly most dont have a license (I do). I will admit its yet too actually happen tho.

laidbackfreak wrote:
WideAwake wrote:

I started a new topic and posted a related article.