Good factory shops-share information

Hi all

Good to share information too on factory shops. Prices are going up weekly in Mauritius, so sharing information on cheaper places to shop seems like a good idea to me... does anyone have any secret factory shops they go to that they can recommend.

I will start the ball rolling.

Fashion House: take the phoenix roundabout exit and drive up the road parallel to the motorway as if you are heading South, enter the industrial area. You will find yourself in a big square of factories. Fashion house is on the left far side. It has lots of clothes all cotton, i think they manufacture for English high street stores..worth a look fashionhouse.mu

anyone got anymore tips of secret factory stores!?!?!

Fashion House is a great one (more so for women unfortunately for me).  They do make clothes for Next, Top Shop and a few other international retail stores in Europe and elsewhere.

Another good place for clothes is Pridemark.  There are at least two locations, one is located at the Jumbo shopping centre in the North part of the island and the other is the small shopping center near Trianon, the name of it escapes me at the moment, but there is a good Chinese restaurant there as well as the Mr. Bricolage.

Pridemark has great prices on a number of designers such as Calvin Klein, Nautica, Ambercrombie & Fitch, Diesel as well as others.  A Nautica polo shirt that would easily cost $60 USD in America costs about 150 rupees (~$5 USD) at Pridemark.  Pridemark has for the last couple of months been offering 49% off all items as well, but not sure how long that will continue.

Hi Bunkoma

Yep Pridemark is a regular of mine..I do think their prices have gone up though in the past few months..others have noticed and I think that's why the extended their sale from Christmas. Some things are cheaper like you mentioned some designers..but others like i noticed some UK and Ireland Supermarket clothing lines are more expensive than at home..but still a good shop to go to every month or so.

I have no idea if I am spelling this correctly but there is Le Bonne Feuille in Curepipe. It's on the Forrest Side of Curepipe down the road from KFC and near the Pizza place Sale Sucre. They offer a mix of designer and high street clothes. You have to be prepared to look but you can always pick up some good bargains.