Resident rates at hotels-share information

Hi all

I have been meaning to do this for a while

It would be good to share information on hotels with good residents rates, so we can all benefit.

My recommendation is THE PAUL AND VIRGINIE VERANDA HOTEL in Grande Gaube, they offer a good resident rate for half board, dinner, bed and breakfast..have to check rates as they change often

anyone got any other good resident rates recommendations?!?!....

The Movenpick (sp?) quite often runs good deals for residents.  I went last year with my fiancée for the weekend and if I remember correctly we paid about 3,500 rupees per night including breakfast and dinner.

Ocean Villas in Point aux Cannoniers also does deals for residents that I have used not only for myself, but for friends and family that have come to visit.  Their beach front rooms are quite nice.

Legends in Grand Gaube also does a good monthly deal for residents that would like to use their gym and other facilities on a regular basis.  I don't remember what the price was as I didn't ultimately end up taking them up on the offer, but I do remember that I thought it was quite reasonable at the time.  It included full use of the pools, restaurants, bars, spa etc. as well as a 10-15% discount off the bill and I think one free meal a year.

Thanks Bunkoma

Must try the Movenpick as its down closer where I live and a very nice coast line

Hello,

Try the Maritim or Grand Mauritian but you must wait for off peak to have excellent rates.

Nevertheless from may to july you still enjoy good weather there though its winter

Speaking of the Maritim, their dive center is also very good for those that like to scuba dive.  I am very impressed with the staff there and this is usually who I do most of my diving with.  They also offer good rates for residents for both dives as well as PADI courses.

The Grand Maritian is a beautiful hotel..their restaurant is laid out very well so you don't feel like it is one massive big eating hall!..it is expensive though..I wish there was a website where you could get good resident deals throughout the year..Julian?!?!