Relocating to panama

We will be moving to Panama (pedasi) this year and will be taking our two cats with us,flying from vancouver BC via Houston.We plan to break our journey in Houston for one night.Does anyone have advice e.g.will US allow us to bring our pets in for one night?We have all the relevant papers for the cats for arrival in Panama but are unsure about the US. Has anyone had experience of this nature? If so can you pass it on to us?

Welcome on board Toddlewis ;)

I hope that other members will share their experience with you soon ;)

Best of luck with your move.

Regards

Well there are few paperwork involved. A good option you can find here:
[Moderated: No free ads]

This is one good option. There is also another company that provides the same services.

Flavio

Panama Trip

Check this block blackpanama.blogspot.com/  My first panama trip experience was so atrocious that even the thought of that country brings in hatred in my heart especially because of the way their officials extort you and the indifference shown by their government.

Welcome on Expat.com justinjohn987

I am very sorry for your terrific experience... I just read it on your blog. :(

Regards

thank you yud for your comment ...thanks a lot.please you have to also comment on my blog..

Hi justinjohn987,

You are off topic. Please concentrate on the initial subject of this thread.

Thank you.

Hi Christine

ya i known that I'm going to off topic but i just want to tell you all my friends that what is happening in panama..

With the length of time involved, and the myriads of documents required for our move, I started a blog last year. Feel free to follow if this interests you: postcardsfrompanama.net
At this point we should start building a home in Pedasi within the month!
Still concerned about the cats!

Iris Todd-Lewis

I am now retired living in Lincoln Oregon.I would like to move to Panama where they take american dollars and I think I could live alot better.I wonder if anyone could tell me about living in the mountain area.Will I need a car and are their rental properties.Being single I only need a small1 bedroom.Also should I just sell all my furniture here and dishes and only bring maybe some bedding and my laptop.I will have a monthly budget of about 1300.00. Any advice on where is a nice place to live.Panama City is way to big.I live in a small town now of about 10,000 people.I love the sea but the cost looks very expensive.Im looking to move in December when my lease is up.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon
Ken