Close

Received an offer from Kuwait, need advice.

I have read alot of forums, however, everyone's situation is unique, so have to ask.

I have received an offer for 3,200 KWD/month.  It is 2,300 KWD base with housing, transportation and other allowances at 900 KWD. There are no travel tickets, educational allowance or insurance for private hospitals included.  I believe the offer is cash in hand and not Cost To Company (CTC), but will confirm.

I would be relocating with my wife and three kids (9, 3, 1 yrs. old).  I would like to save atleast 1,700 KWD (more the better).

I would appreciate your thoughts and advice.  I am looking at the Canadian Bilingual school website for my children, (it is in South Khaitan), is South Khaitan a good area to live in?  What area would you recommend I live in (I am Canadian - dont think this matters)?  Can I meet my goals?  Would you take the offer if your u were in my place?

Hi there

wouldn't recommend South khitan for living the reason is it's full of bachelors and always traffic
,if you planing to come and live in Kuwait you may try SALMYA where you will see international workers there and shopping malls , Rent in salmya depends on how big the apartments are and the location of the building I guess with 400 KD you will get nice place to stay
also you can stay within area where the local Kuwaiti are rent not more than 350 but its Away from city,
If you need help pls feel free to ask
Best

Hi Hakeem,

Thank you for your reply.  Any links you can direct me to find initial temporary accommodation in the Safat area (flatshare)?

Thank you.

Expatriate health insurance in Kuwait

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Kuwait

Moving to Kuwait

Find tips from professionals about moving to Kuwait

Travel insurance in Kuwait

Enjoy stress-free travel to Kuwait