Importing Vehicles to Sri Lanka from UK

Hi, I am a Sri Lankan living in the UK with close connections to Sri Lanka and I would like to
know importing vehicles to SL.

particularly interested in exception when u transferred a lot of money to SL. any one with previous experience and complete guidance.. please let me know.

thanks

Hi,

To import vehicles you must have vehicle permits (for duty free vehicles) and import license. (What vehicle importers do is to buy vehicle permits from Ministers and Doctors to relieve Duty). If you dont have vehicle permit you must obtain import license. Once you paid the taxes and duty you can take the vehicle from the port.

Sending money is not an Issue. Fund receiver should give the Bank a letter stating source of the money also should mention this money will not go out of the country. If you are transfering big amount you can negotiate with the bank for a better exchange rate. If you are transferring money to NRFC no letter needed. Commercial Bank of Sri Lanka give better rates (based on my prior experience). Sending to a estate bank always is less risky.

Thanks,
-Superman-

hey thanks for the reply..so if I do not have the permit and need to hv license right ?

heard that If u hv transfered twice the amount of money of the vehicle's value to SL, u get some discounts on taxes...not sure how much ? any idea ?

Hi,
I have a griend of mine who lives in London- he exports vehicles to Sri Lanka. He wil be able to advise and assist. Woukd you like his contact details?
I will talk to him today and inquire whether he is still exporting to SL.

yes please Ritchie...I would like to know the details of any exemption to taxes in SL in particular..thanks

Please send me a secure means to send his contact number -your email address should do. I am not happy to send my friends mobile number on this forum. Hope you can understand

hey I understand.. I have private messaged you..check your inbox of this forum.ta

Hi n8nt, did you work out how to save on the duty when importing used vehicles to sri lanka? I also heard about some tax concessions if you have sent lot of funds beforehand.
Would you please be able to share in knowledge on this?

thanks

I have heard about the Blue Permit to get tax concessions when importing vehicles- is this no longer in existence ?

Ritchi888 wrote:

Hi,
I have a griend of mine who lives in London- he exports vehicles to Sri Lanka. He wil be able to advise and assist. Woukd you like his contact details?
I will talk to him today and inquire whether he is still exporting to SL.

Hi Ritchi,

Is your friend still doing the vehicle export business to Sri Lanka from UK?
I am looking to import a vehicle from UK to Sri Lanka and looking in to means of doing it.
If you don't mind is it possible to get his number and and email for myself too?

Many Thanks

Please send me the details of the Importer.

Many Thanks.

Hi Ritchie

Can you help with this?
I'f Like to export a car from UK to Srilanka

Hi Ritchi888,
Is your friend still exporting cars from the UK to SL? If so, would you mind giving me his email address so that I can get in touch with.
Please let me know.
Thx and BR

can I have his details too?

Hiya, can share the export person or company  number to disscuss further?

Many thanks in advance

[link moderated]

I have used this company few months Ago.... They have done very good job highly recommended.

Could you share the info on how did you imported a vehicle to Sri Lanka. Please email me ***

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi richi
Can u pls give me the mobile number of the person who imports cars to sri lanka

Thanks

Hi Ritchie
Can you pl forward to me the details of your friend who imports cars to Sri Lanka from UK.
Thanks

Hi
Pls provide the company contact details as i want to export a car to srilanka.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Can anybody assist with the exporting of vehicles from UK to SL, I have 3 cars I wish to transport.

Any advise welcome as at the moment my research has concluded the tax and duty are outrageously high to not becoming financially viable.

Any advise welcome.

Kind regards

Arjuna

Hi

Can you please give me a contact number

Thank you

If u can send me a what's app number let's discuss.