Death and bereavement in Bulgaria.

Now here's a morbid subject for such a lovely day.
Can anyone tell me what sort of procedure takes place if you were to die in Bulgaria?

Let's presume that there are obvious signs that something is wrong at this particular apartment. Perhaps bills unpaid or a failure to offer sustenance to the cats for a few days!! Something is ‘wrong'.
The authorities are called, and then what.

Luckily this is a fictitious scenario, but what steps need to be taken, or what procedures need to be put in place to allow a funeral to take place, and the relevant people notified.
Can I leave my remains to science? Can I be cremated?
Is there a governing body to regulate such things?

Whatever you ask on the Internet, there always seems to be someone with experience available.

So Expat.com, can anyone offer advice to allow me to sleep soundly knowing that in a worst case scenario, everything will be taken care of…

Have a nice day ???

Mike.

Hi Mike

All the information can be found HERE

SimCityAT

I'm so grateful Simcity.. It seems to answer all the questions I asked, plus a few more I didn't ask..
Thanks again for the link..

Mike.

You are quite welcome Mike :)

No idea about Bulgarian procedures but I would leave detail about what you would like to occur within sight of the attending Police/Ambulance crews.
Give detail of your medical history, doctors name and surgery address, Next of Kin contact details for them to be notified and a Will.
That will be a good starter I suppose.

I've asked to be buried at sea. Then I'm going to send invites to all the people who don't like me to come and dance on my grave  :joking:

Good one SimCityAT