PhD visa inquiry- applying from another country

Hi, I'm originally from Bangladesh. I've received fully funded PhD offer from vuw. Currently I'm in Thailand. I've started my PhD here few months ago. Now I want quit and move to NZ to pursue my PhD. What are the possibilities of getting visa? I'm tensed because I started PhD here in Thailand. Thanks

I highly suggest you start looking at the NZ immigration website. It's easy to navigate and relatively straightforward. I'm in the process of applying for a student visa for a PhD, but I'm from the U.S., so I'm not sure how much different the process will be for you. I really don't think the fact that you started a PhD in Thailand will be an issue for the visa process. If VUW is okay with it, I don't see why immigration would have an issue. But I'm a newbie to this process, so that's my best guess.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas

My only suggestion is to make sure you're ready for the full medical. NZ is very particular about expats coming in on their health care system (as a PhD student you will be on their national healthcare program) - so the full medical check is extremely thorough, moreso than any other medical check I've been through for other visas.

Congrats on the PhD offer!