Is it possible to get a work visa if CIMA qualified

We (husband, me and children) are trying to move to doha. We have schools etc already confirmed and the job in place.
However we have now hit a huge stumbling block... my husband is CIMA (chartered institute of management accountants) qualified. He does not have a degree. The qualification is the same level as a masters degree. Our PRO have said this will not be accepted as he needs a degree. Is thai really right? It was distance learning or part time. They have said he can come but cannot bring us.
Any advice on what we can do? We have a letter confirming it was not distance learning and it is equivalent to a masters degree but I feel as though our PRO aren't really helping us.

Hi Swilson,

I was a Associate member of CIMA when i was working in Qatar (from 2014 to 2016). Qatar embassy accepted the certificate. I heard they have changed the rules now. for CIMA you must attest the certificate from london qatar embassy. Attest the cima certificate from London. It would be easy for u since u are from england. Once u reach doha u must attest the CIMA certificate in the foriegn ministry. So this will help ur husband to  apply for family visa. No need any letter. Just get attested from emabssy in London. Things will be ok.

Thanks,
Hiras.

We have just had a response my husbands company confirming the following...

PRO company confirms that your certificate is supported by the Supreme Educational Council. However, it could not be utilized as an educational certificate by the Qatar immigration as the CFO/Manager position will only require a higher education certificate or a bachelor's degree.

I understand this to mean that he cannot get the visa he needs for the job and therefore we cannot come. It's crazy as the qualification he has is above a bachelors degree.

I understand completely abou it... In gulf they are not considering Professional qualifications as a bachelor degree. In-fact CIMA/ACCA or any other professional courses are recognized  well other parts of the country than a normal degree. Try responding them by saying certificate can be attested at CIMA office in London and Embassy of Qatar in London. Maybe this will workout.  Have seen people doesnt have any professional qualification and only having bachelor degree holding much higher position. This is insane in-fact. Try again. If this doesnt work sorry about that. Let him follow an MBA and reapply for a position. You will be paid handsomely in Qatar. There has to be a way out. 

Good luck.

Thanks for your help. We have already said that we can get them attested and with letters confirming it is equivalent to a masters but still the answer is no. There must be a way round it, we just have to find out what it is!

I have few friends who cmpleted CIMA and working in Qatar, Residing with family. Ill try to get some information which will help u an ur husband.

Thanks,
Hiras.

Thank you, that would be a great help. I'm not sure if it's the role of the new job that seems to be the issue. He will be a CFO. It's crazy that he could have a degree in any subject but that would tick the box! i don't really see how immigration can say whether he is qualified for the job or not- surely it's the company to take that risk. He has been working for the company for over 10 years.

Very true. They have started this because to filter the candidates. There were so many fake degrees and certificate in the past. Doctors with fake certificates an all. People worked without any major qualifications in the past. Sadly governing body should understand professional certificate is well above a degree. Ill let u know Swilson38.

Thanks,
Hiras,

HI
Superman and Swilson

Did you people get any update or workaround? please share

No it's not possible.

My husband was CIMA qualifiés in the UK. I arranged for CIMA to confirm the dates he attended and all the exam results. In addition I obtained a certificate to confirm CIMA is equivalent to a  Masters Degree. I then used a company called Vital legislation to get the documents all certified at the Commonwealth office in the UK then they went to the Qatar embassy in London who also attested them and sent them to The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Doha and they were flat out declined. Our PRO could not do anything.

It is as simple as if you don't have a degree you can't get a visa to take your family.

He was allowed a lower level visa but that wasn't suitable for us as he was going to a senior position and wouldn't not have been allowed to take us (me and kids) with him.

Complete nightmare but a lesson learnt about how strict the rule is.

Hello Swilson,

I hope you found some way around it and that you are in Qatar. I am myself stuck in the exact situation - just that I have the ACCA qualification.

I think I have found a solution to our problem, let me have your number and I will give you a call. Im still in the process of getting the document attested by the Qatar embassy UK and yet to face the MOFA here.

Just praying the guy at the MOFA counter understands what ACCA is.

Regards,
Aman

I'm afraid we didn't manage to get round it and everything fell through in August last year. Everything was certified, attested by the commonwealth office in London and at the Qatar Embassy in London but as soon it went to MOFA in Doha it was flatly declined. They will not think outside the box at all unfortunately.

Hello Aman
Much appreciated if you share your experience with all of us here
Regards

Hello there,

Will do so once I get it confirmed that there is a way around it.

I'm trying too hard myself

Thanks

Hi Swilson38,
I'm facing similar situation, will you be able to share with me the content of the letter you requested from CIMA so I'm able to obtain similar letter from ACCA. I hope that's ok with you. Thank you

Hi Amanpark,
Could you please let me know what you needed to do in order to get your ACCA attested in the UK .
Hope that's ok with you. Thanks

Hi AMANPARK,
did u certify ur ACCA certificate from MOFA? Please let me know.

Did anyone get any update on what is to be done?

Hi Any update regarding ACCA Membership attestation.

One of agencies named vital have promised me that they can get ACCA attested from Qatar embassy and MOFA Qatar...should i trust them and give £500 and my degree certificate . As ACCA itself is saying they can attest Qatar embassy does not attest ACCA . confused what to do.

Regards

My ACCA got attested from qatari authorities now i am just waiting once COVID19 ends i will apply in Qatar

Hi Ali,
How your ACCA got attested from Qatari authorities as I have also the same case as yours.
I have only ACCA degree and want to change my designation on visa for which it should be attested can you please guide me what process you followed and which documents are required ??
I will very thankful to you.

Hi,

Can anybody please confirm that ACCA membership certificate can be attested from Qatar embassy UK and then Qatar MOFA office?

Hi,

Please update the status about ACCA certificate attestation from Qatar embassy UK? Have anyone completed the process and got work visa as well?