Internet access in china

hi, i will be moving to shanghai soon and i heard from my friends that china ban facebook, instagram and some other websites. so is there anyway to break the firewall or maintain what i have now in my local country context?

Look up " VPN" or " VPN China" on your favourite search engine and I'm sure you would find something suitable. It doesn't have to be a paid version if you are not a power user!

I used expressvpn which worked well, i think it was $12 for a month.  Also if you reside in China, you can buy a router with vpn built in so you don't have to pay monthly. Yes there are free vpn's but they generally are not good and unreliable.

hi sorry im a gadget dummy. so u mean i can subscribe to this expressvpn? its for both phone and laptop?

yep, you just install an app on each device, very easy really.

where to get the router with vpn in SH? btw we will apply for the home internet service so they dun come with router?

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Please register your services in the business directory.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

check taobao

i read the review and saw a few negative points. is it true that this is only for home use? how about when we are outside?

when outside, you can using by your iPhone by 4G with APP. or you can by a tiny-router connect a SIM card with 4G

ange_lwing wrote:

i read the review and saw a few negative points. is it true that this is only for home use? how about when we are outside?

Home internet doesn't have a data limit, which is fine for watching movies online, downloading and playing games and so on, usually you pay per year.
4G Mobile router has a monthly data limit just like a mobile phone. It doesn't make sense to have one because you can use your mobile "hotspot " feature to share internet on the go!

do i have to install the vpn in my country before i fly or i can do it when i reach shanghai?

you can find many vpn provider in china, so you just add the account in your mobile VPN setting