Moving/Shipping Companies

Hi.. I'm looking for any advise on which companies to chose for our move.. We'll be moving from Namibia to Grand Baie. Which companies have been used by South Africans or anyone else?? Have thus far gotten onto Crown, but just don't know who's reputable. I have heard a lot of negative thins about Stutterfords.

Thanks a lot...

Tina001 - good Morning. Just moved to Mauritius from Germany and used Crown. Did a great job. All the best, Susanne

Welcome on board Tina001 & Saualfs,

@Tina001: I recommend you to contact our partner: Moving to Mauritius who will give you a free quotation & lot of professionals tips.

Hope this helps!

Hi Tina

You can speak to MFD (Freeport, Mauritius). We have business dealings with them and you can check who they deal with. They do everything from removals to storage etc. As reference: they will be doing the containers etc. for Pick n Pay when their shops open here. They will be able to give you a good reference on who to use...

MFD: +230 206 2000

Hope it helps. All the best with your relocation!

I used Crown from the UK to Mauritius and was very happy with them on both in the UK and their Mauritian partner.  I reckon they are probably a bit more expensive than other options (at least from the UK point of view) but I believe you get what you pay for.

I'd rather pay a bit more and be assured that my things will get to Mauritius or where ever and be in one piece when they do arrive.  Additionally regarding my move, there was a problem with one item that had been damaged in transit which was more than likely unrelated to anything to do with Crown, but they still paid out in less than a week when I filed the claim.

You can choose cheaper alternatives to relocate your items and use multiple movers along the way to save money, but if anything happens you have no recourse to get compensated if something goes missing or gets damaged.

I don't know how Crown is in Nambia or South Africa, but in the UK, US and Australia I know they are top class as is their Mauritian partner so I'd give them a go if you can't find positive recommendations for any other providers in your area.

Good luck on your move!

Thanks so much for all the replies.. I'll definately look into all the options suggested..

when do you intend to move?
I know a very good moving company which will help you at 100% on your shipment .

FWIW: 9 year old post ! :o

Hi,
I am planning to move to Mauritius from Canada. Is there any moving company that someone used from canada?

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi can you do from Australia?

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi, please send me your email address - inbox me if you cannot do so on this page.  To move goods from SA to the island.

Thank you

Natasha