Other physician expats from US?

Hello all!
I was wondering if there might be any other expats to New Zealand from the US on here in medicine? We are currently in the US but are in the beginning stages of trying to sort the process for moving to NZ and were hoping we might get some advice from anyone else who has come over as an MD - especially if they were an MD from the US. My husband is a radiologist with a fellowship and sub-specialty, and I am a free-lance writer. He's been in practice for some time - he certainly isn't "fresh out of med school and looking for locums" in order to travel and see the world, as I expect a lot of medical expats are - we're middle-aged and generally more settled - but we still have a bit of adventure in us.  We have two kids; one in mid-elementary and one starting middle school. Like I said, we've just started the process of looking but have heard that MDs sometimes have an easier time with immigration to NZ - especially if they are in a specialty that is in high demand there. We are expecting to take a substantial cut in pay, (especially since he's a full partner in his practice here, and would likely be starting over at an entry-level salary there) but we're hoping that overall quality of life issues would make up for that.
Are there any doctors or doctors' families on here? And if so, any advice or insight?

Hi Renee!

I'm going to follow your post. I'm
an American medical office manager and will be relocating to NZ in the next month or so. Would love any insights you can share on your process as well as the medical community.

Sincerely,
Amy

HA! Well, go ahead and follow it, but so far it hasn't helped much! If there are medical folks from the US they are being awfully quiet on here! :)

Lol