Mental Health care Dalian

Hi, I am a Dutch guy living in Dalian (Kai Fa Qu). Working for a company in the semiconductor industry.
Right now staying in Dalian over a year now and suffering a bit.

So to get further with this and to understand what I am going through I am looking for a psychologist in Dalian and preferably a Western one.

I have the feeling that Mental Healthcare itself is non-existing in a China, let alone Dalian so any help would be appreciated. I have searched the internet and asked around in Kai Fa Qu but don't find anything.

So maybe downtown Dalian has something?

Any help is welcome.

Regards!

Hi..this mayn't be any help to you as I will be in Shandong..but I am an art therapist and will be in Shandong in a couple of months. Art therapy allows you to unpack issues in a more dynamic way than straight talking. I am also a registered clay field therapist which is specifically aimed towards dealing with trauma.
If you wish you can contact me at msg me if you would like my email or we chat id.
China can be really challenging and you are likely to feel isolated at times regardless of your resilience.

In KFQ, your options for expat docs for counselling will be limited. 

If it's prescription meds you're in need of, such as anti-depressants, getting Chinese docs to understand the need for those, is often quite difficult as mental health issues are not treated as seriously as back in the west. 

There is often, unfortunately, a serious stigma associated with any mental health issues, and quite honestly, it's an area that is seriously lacking in education for most docs. 

If you've had a previous script for meds, I might be able to help you out with obtaining replacements.

@Benjamin80 Are you still living in Dalian? I am currently living here, and I find myself in a similar situation. Maybe talking to each other could help? Please let me know.

@A-Doc

An old inactive thread(2017) and the OP has not posted since.
You can open an new thread on the subject.

@stumpy Thanks, will do!

@A-Doc what caused to the situation?

@Anitahoja In my case, the situation was caused by the end of a relationship.

Hello everyone,

@A-Doc, I am truly sorry to hear that and like stumpy mentioned earlier, I will also advise you to start a new thread on the Dalian forum to ask your questions.

Best of luck,

Cheryl
Expat.com team

[Topic closed]
Closed