Close

Best area/neighborhood to live in

I am an American currently living in Siem Reap. I plan on visiting Nha Trang in September to see if I like it for my next destination. Doing research it seems like the center of the city is the tourist area. Is this correct? Is north or south of city center better? Looking at the housing section here it seems that most of the apartments listed are in the south. I would like somewhere within walking distance to a beach, close to restaurants (I don't cook), and shopping. Please let me know of any recommended areas/neighborhoods. Thank you

I'm brand new in Nha Trang myself so take my input with a huge grain of salt. Nonetheless, it appears that the only area of town that has the beach, restaurants, and shopping all within easy walking distance is the tourist district. Second to that would be the north area. I personally would prefer the latter to the former but it depends on your tolerance of crowds.

Can anyone on expat forum please give me/us their feedback on what it's like to live in the CT 1 (etc) area near Big C? Thank you! Jane

Hi!
I am living in Nha Trang so I know Nha Trang is the good place to live. There are many toursist in Nha Trang now but most of them live in the city. If you want to live in Nha trang you should rent apartment in An Vien area which is the South of city and not noisy, crazy like in the city. There are many villa for renting in there and you can rent a room in this one. I think the price is not expensive because I saw foreigners rent to live there. The enviroment is good and have also beach in there. There are many local seafoods, foods restaurant in this area and the price is good so I think you feel comfortable to live. It is on Tran phu street which is main street in Nha trang so easy for you to ride motobike to go shopping.
Cheer!

An Vien.......??   Yeah it is quiet compared to other areas , but that's because it's a crap area.   The beach there stinks of fishing boats, and the oil terminal ain't the prettiest thing around either.

The CT1 area near Big C is called, Vinh dem troung ....it's about 4klm west of the beach, it's a lot hotter, no sea breeze, shittiest busiest road in town to get to , dusty, AND not much cheaper than areas near the beach.    You won't be going for late evening or early morning walks around the streets there, it's daggy.    I know a few people that live out there , they save a few pennies , BUT the road access and shitty location are not worth it.

in a few months there will be a 1600  new apartments opening on the northern beach side.  They're completing them now, due to open in late September.....and several more complexes under construction.    There are currently about 12,000 apartments/condo being built on the north side of town alone near the beach,,with more in the town centre.  It's crazy, but it will be good for people looking to lease.

This made me laugh, Yogi. Thx for the informed input. Jane

I agree with Yogi about the Big C area, also I would avoid being located south of the old Nha Trang airport as again a busy road trip into town...In town is best or north of the river if you like things a bit quieter. Probably cheaper over there as well and an easier ride into town with nice views.

the city centre is a must if you visit the beach a lot but the down side is it can be very noisy at night with music playing...

Expatriate health insurance in Nha Trang

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Nha Trang

Moving to Nha Trang

Find tips from professionals about moving to Nha Trang

Travel insurance in Nha Trang

Enjoy stress-free travel to Nha Trang