Close

Help! How do I find somewhere to live?!

I'm an English teacher, female fifties UK, moving to Muscat in September to start a new job. I'm seeking a small Western-style/standard furnished flat or studio and I can't find anything under any search engine! Upto OR400 a month. Send me any details please!

Hi Eflteacher55,

Feel free to drop your own "looking for' advert in the appropriate section of the website.

- Housing in Muscat

All the best,
Bhavna

Hi Eflteacher55,

For the budget which you have quoted, to get a fully-furnished flat might be a bit hard to find. Most apartments come bare with just the walls around and a roof on the top; sometimes with built-in wardrobes and cupboards. Many newly built apartments also come with a semi, or fully-fitted kitchen, but not all though.

Depending on where your work location is going to be, take a tour of the neighbourhood and look around for newer properties close by. That would perhaps be the best way to locate a suitable place of residence.

The best way is to drive around muscat and look for hoardings. You will get a lot of hoardings and advertisement regarding available properties. This will give you a "live" idea of the locality and the building. Most buildings have caretakers and you can visit the building at the same time.

Moderated by Bhavna 5 months ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the housing section.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Expatriate health insurance in Muscat

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Muscat

Moving to Muscat

Find tips from professionals about moving to Muscat

Travel insurance in Muscat

Enjoy stress-free travel to Muscat