Looking for New Positive Projects/Organizations for My Blog

Sometimes I miss that this used to be expat blog ;)

Anyway, I started a new blog called doingitright.life

Each week I focus on 1-2 projects, people, events, places, or products that are doing something new/exciting or interesting-- usually positive for the community or environment. I am looking for more stories from around Bulgaria.

So far I have featured For Rent/Rent Free, which is a site that connects people who own village properties but don't live there with people to take care of the property in exchange for upkeep. I have also written about Bulgarian familial leave and daycare.

If you have noticed something awesome about Bulgaria or a particular organization, I would love to research about it and possibly feature it in my blog.

Thanks for any ideas you might have!

I love that idea :) The next time I am down in Plovdiv I will be sure to take some pictures and see if I can do some interviews- thanks a lot of that idea!

Orphanages, for foreigners looking for adoption, if you don't mind doing some research. All of them are in a terrible state, and the majority of children are NOT disabled unlike in the majority of other Eastern European countries.

I am aware the state of orphanages (although most are closing down and being replaced with group homes). I've had several friends volunteer in orphanages here and just last friday two of my friends in the US finalized their adoption of Roma triplets from Bulgaria.

Unfortunately, I am not sure that I could find something positive to say about the orphanage system in Bulgaria (Which my blog focuses solely on things that should be learned from and replicated elsewhere).

I've just signed on. Very nice!

You're site is looking good, hoop to read some of you're blogs when i can buy some time ;)

I think there are a lot positive story's to cover, hope you can get some input here.
When somethings pops up or i get blown away by a (positive) situation in Bulgaria that needs to be shared with the world i let you know  :)

Great initiative  :top:

Thanks for the positive feedback- it has been a fun project so far and really helps stave off the cynicism that can creep in.

Are you interested in expats that are raising money through charity night events, and car boot sales etc to raise money to neuter the street dogs and also in sending them to the uk for loving new homes? If so I can provide more information

Absolutely- that sounds like a potentially awesome project. If you can pm me the basics of what you (they) are doing, I will develop some questions to get an article started!

Hi again,

I sent what I think was a pm, never actually done this before, so I hope that you received it.😆

Yep, got it and replied :)

That's great, I did it right then! I'll check out your blog and wish you lots of luck with it all. Nice to hear about positive stories and ideas around Bulgaria. 👍🏼