Retiring in Thailand. ( Lamai Ko samui )

Hi. My name is Don Lampre from Qld Australia.  I have been to Thailand twice 2016 & 2017.  In 2017 i attended Anzac Day At Hell Fire Pass and the War Cemetery service at Kanchanaburi and will never forget that day, as i had a 30 yr service in the Australian Army. I am excited to be retiring in Thailand, and looking at first Ko Samui.  I like the Thai culture and the friendliest shown on my 2 previous trips.   I will arrive in Ko Samui on the 7th Sep 2017.  Any help or overings will be greatly received and one would be Accommodation, like 1 Bed, 1 Bath house, condo & villa, six month lease.  I am certainly interested in meeting all people, attending functions, dining, dancing, cars, motor bikes, helping others, assisting with any projects that are going, or starting.  I will not be working as this is retirement time.   Would be happy to communicate with any member of the expat org in Ko Samui.  Once i get settled i will be looking at some form of transportation.   So for the time being that about it as i am 70 yrs young, fit and a caring sort of person.  Regards. Don

Don't visit Koh Tao, known as Death Island

Hi Hugh, Could you explain, (don't visit Koh Tao.   Regards. Lampost

Best of luck with it all, sounds exciting, should be plenty of people with similar backgrounds to you too. Samui sounds like a great place to start.

re:- retirement visa regarding your place of living will a letter from a hotel manager suffice because i am 77 and i am only requiring room service i dont want to own or rent a house !!

Hi Don
It is half way through your 6 month stay..How is it going ? ? Are you managing and are you happy with your move ?
Would like to hear from you and your transition to stay on Samui. I am a yearly regular visitor since 2004 and is looking at making that bigger move...I'm still little apprehensive and is still looking for reinsurance that I am making the right decision.
Brgds
Miri

Lampost wrote:

Hi Hugh, Could you explain, (don't visit Koh Tao.   Regards. Lampost

There were some tourists murdered there.
Don't take counsel of your fears.

Lampost wrote:

Hi. My name is Don Lampre from Qld Australia.  I have been to Thailand twice 2016 & 2017.  In 2017 i attended Anzac Day At Hell Fire Pass and the War Cemetery service at Kanchanaburi and will never forget that day, as i had a 30 yr service in the Australian Army. I am excited to be retiring in Thailand, and looking at first Ko Samui.  I like the Thai culture and the friendliest shown on my 2 previous trips.   I will arrive in Ko Samui on the 7th Sep 2017.  Any help or overings will be greatly received and one would be Accommodation, like 1 Bed, 1 Bath house, condo & villa, six month lease.  I am certainly interested in meeting all people, attending functions, dining, dancing, cars, motor bikes, helping others, assisting with any projects that are going, or starting.  I will not be working as this is retirement time.   Would be happy to communicate with any member of the expat org in Ko Samui.  Once i get settled i will be looking at some form of transportation.   So for the time being that about it as i am 70 yrs young, fit and a caring sort of person.  Regards. Don

Hello DON... I like Thailand and I'm a bit older then you 76y/o still OK fit.  Can walk 20 km a day if required but always do 10 km each day +30 min physical jerks PM, yes each day.  I stay on/off  in Cha-am about 180 km South of Bangkok and come from Western Aus.  I stay near the beach in a large condotel complex, a very nice place, quite a lot of retired Farangs from all over the word live in Cha-am mostly old buggers, could be a thousand.  Cost me $8000 a month for 3 month at a time, cheaper if I take it for 12 months + about Bht 1000 for power and water P/M, 13th floor 34 sq/m, nice bathroom.  Has kitchen, fridge, air cond, microwave plus other things where I can cook a meal if I like but I often eat out, nice bathroom and has lovely pool.   The next town is Hue Hin and that is much bigger.  My avartar is the view of the beach from my window.  There are benefits for me returning to Aus on/off.  I hope to be spending longer periods in Thailand in future.  Lots to share if you like.  I enjoy writing about my experiences (not about me?)...may be able to assist you...Regards DavoWaldo.

Hi Don
You in Samui Now?
Robert and Wan