Close

Best Place to retire between Cancun and Play Del Carmen

We are a couple from the United States looking to retire in Mexico  .  After 33 years in the medical field we are ready to relax and spend the rest of our life in Mexico.     Any recommendations ??  WE want to be located on the beach or at least within walking distance .   Preferably a 2 BR  2 Bath condo or something similar ( Villa, House , or Apartment)    Want to be in a safe area.   We would love to be located somewhere from Cancun to Playa Del Carmen       WE are not sure about the cost of living there??   WE believe our monthly pensions would take care of us.   Any suggestions or help???

Moderated by Bhavna 3 months ago
Reason : Promotion of your own services is not allowed
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

First we want to know about what areas are the best to live in.   What budget we will need??   What our options are??  Thanks for any help

Hi, since every person as a different way of seeing things may I suggest you make some trips and visit on your own. Some need Walmart, a vehicule others not.

My wife and I traveled in Mexico since 1993. At first, Zihuatanejo was the best place to retire, then the mountains Patzcuaro, then fulltime RVing, then rent a condo finally after 4 years of renting we are in a more small local village on the west coast 80km from Puerto Vallarta  (La Peñita de Jaltemba). No need for a vehicule.

Don't forget to ask questions to locals, expats, experts to get the feel.
So no rush to decide but enjoy Mexico.

Buena suerte en su proyecto, GyC.

Expatriate health insurance in Cancun

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Cancun

Moving to Cancun

Find tips from professionals about moving to Cancun

Travel insurance in Cancun

Enjoy stress-free travel to Cancun