I want to move to Vietnam... But how??

Hi,

My name is Natasha.

I have been thinking about moving from Australia for a few years now and have been to Vietnam 3 times. I currently have a month trip booked to Vietnam in December this year(2017) and want to see what I can do to extend that stay on a work visa.

can anyone on here give me any advice as to the best way to do this etc???

I have a Diploma of Business and a certificate 2 in business admin as well as experience in hospitality.

Thanks,
Tash.

Hi Tash,

Have you thought about what you want to do? There are a wide variety of opportunities. Look at a few and see what appeals to you.

Another question is; where in Vietnam to travel? You have the cosmopolitan big cities to small villages and everything in between.

One thing you'll need before you get here is your local or state criminal background check. That document will need to be Red Stamped either in Australia or at your embassy in Viet Nam and Cambodia.

Good luck and hope you can stay in Viet Nam for a while. It's a lovely country.

All the best,
Mark

G'day Natasha,
Yogi is from your neck of the woods.  The Nth Coast NSW is a good spot.

Depends on what budget you plan to live on & where.    You've been here three times before so you would be aware of what to expect cost wise.     I don't teach , but I know people that do and the money varies a lot depending on the location.  Saigon & Hanoi pay double what regional coastal locations do.

But , the cost of living in the outposts is a lot cheaper so it balances out.  Depends on what lifestyle you want.  There are threads here on what certification you need for job applications as well as Visa & work permits.   Yogi is afraid of work, so I can't advise in that area.😆

Actually , when Yogi first got here many moons ago, he thought he would get "culturally connected" with the locals and teach them to talk.    I volunteered at an English school.   But Yogi got shown the  door after a few weeks.  They wanted to know how to greet an Australian.  I taught em to say " howzit hangin mate" .     Once that got around , that was the end of Yogi's foray into the teaching game.  That's life huh...

Unfortunately,  that stuff called money will be required as a "cushion" if the job takes a while to get , or unexpected costs arise.    This is one place where you have to expect the unexpected, and be prepared to cover it.  You gotta have a plan B , C & D to fall back on.   

Your priorities will be getting the correct Visa , work permit & qualification requirements sorted before you get here.   Again, there are threads on this forum that cover that. 

One more thing,,,IMO I wouldn't use your full name on a public forum like this. The less people know about you around here , the better. 😉

Teach English, search TEFL certification.
Or work for an Australian company here. How do you find one? Internet research I guess.
Local jobs pay too little to afford the standard of living you are accustomed to.