International roaming fees

which of the Vietnamese telecom service providers has the best international roaming structure . I am currently with Mobifone and every time I travel OS my roaming charges are insane ?!

thanks

Perhaps a double SIM phone would be in order.

All companies roaming fees are skyhigh, just get a sim card in the country you visit.

Agree with post from colinoscapee.

I have a dual sim card phone so i just buy a sim in what ever country I am in but keep my  other permanent sim so that I can be texted if needed.

stumpy wrote:

Agree with post from colinoscapee.

I have a dual sim card phone so i just buy a sim in what ever country I am in but keep my  other permanent sim so that I can be texted if needed.

I just bought a cheap and nasty to use abroad - Same idea but a different flavour.

Same, same. I always get a toy phone for any other country, with  a local PAYG sim card.

Her indoors bought me an iPhone 6s+ the other day to replace the iPhone 4 I bought in Bkk donkeys years ago. It was so old the keyboard had roman numerals on it, but the bugger wouldn't die so I kept using it. Finally the other week the round button on the front failed and so it was time for it to meet its destructor.

The new phone was bought second hand from that shop that has geoidegong or something on the front. Anyway they (the shop staff)  said that it had been bought by a bloke who was used to using a Nokia discardable and he just couldn't get on with the iPhone so he brought it back and went back to using a couple of cocoa tins and string.

Two years ago I bought a Nokia-like basic phone in the Solomons for 20 USD, which worked OK until it got hot  (average temp on Munda, Sols, is about 36 C) and then started doing weird things - like calling people I didn't know whilst it was in my pocket, whether it was locked or not. Nuisance!

Anyway I brought it back to Vn with me and stuck a local PAYG sim phone in it here and it stubbornly refused to work.  Wrong system or summat. I then used it as a paperweight on my desk for a while and it eventually disappeared when we had workers in ruining the wallpaper up the staircase.

Hope they had fun with it.  :lol: