Teaching English - institutions and private.

Hi, my name is Catherine from South Africa:)

I arrive in Hanoi on the 5th of March with two other friends. They have have done tefl courses, I have done the Celta course. All of us will be looking for teaching English jobs as soon as we arrive and settle down.

Does anyone know of any good English schools/institutions that we could contact? Also, we will be apartment hunting. What areas are the most central/nicest to live in?  And whats the best way to get around? taxi's, buses, mopeds, bicycle?

Hi Catherine!

If you want to have a life in HN, the best, you should to choose Old town area, or vicinity. There is the most of foreigners there. You will feel so good when lives there and everything is easier. About transportation, you can used to motobike, bicycle, taxi... or walking if you like ^^ This is taxi's number: 043.861.61.61 or 043.8333.333
And about your English teacher work, I don't be sure, but you can ask the English language centers. There are a lot of  english language centers in HN, It's depend on where you want to live.
welcome to Ha Noi and good luck ^^

Hi Catherine,
Guess you had already been in Ha Noi for 3 months now. Just want to find out how you are adapting to the environment in Ha Noi. I have plans to be in Ha Noi in September, for a teaching stint.
I may be joining a new English teaching Centre in Ha Noi. Would like to share the information with you. The Centre will be officially open on September, and is called the Language Edu Centre. The contact person is Miss Thuy Phuong Vu or english name Hanah Vu. The email is [email protected]
My name is Jimi, and you can check me out at Fb .... Ong Jimi   
Your feedback on how you are doing matters as I will also be there in 3 months time.

Hi,

I ran accross your ads and if you and your friends are still available to work as teachers in an international language center. then please contact me at [email protected] and we can discuss details of the job offer

Regards,

Mr. Mari
Human Resources Manager
TCN Language School, Haiphong City Vietnam

(Moderated: please post in classifieds)

Hi! Do you consider Filipino English teacher?

hi evryone, near my house there is a girl who want to lean English. If someone can speak both english and vietnam language pls give me message in box I will helf yo to contact with her ( she would like a forener teaching her. she is living in west lake ( Tay Ho str)
I think that is a change for anyone want to improve Vietnam language and beside that....you can earn money hehehhee
Have a good time!

Cath, I might contact you for my boy seven years old, need some assistance in Engligh (from april/12).

Thanks. Dr. Tarek ([email protected])

(moderated: no free ads please)

hi everybody.im newmember.im learning Da Nang university of technology.i want to make friend with everybody to speak English.thank for all!

I think one of the most beautiful places is West Lake. Thus, there are a lot of foreign people living in Dang Thai Mai street or something like that. In this area, numerous nice apartments are built and designed for foreign people. To be honest, by living in there, you never worry about traffic jams which are popular in Vietnam; furthermore, you also just walk around West Lake and enjoy traditional foods in luxury restaurants.

By the way, for transportation in Vietnam, in my opinion, you should buy or hire a motobike. It's the most popular vehicle in Hanoi. Almost of my foreign friends hire a motorbike to go sightseeing. It's so convenient.

If you wanna more information, send me an email to my email address: [email protected], or call me: 098 584 7654
Cheers