What is it like to work in Gurugram, Haryana, India?

One of my friends have  received an offer letter from india and the place he is suppose to work is in Gurugram, Haryana india. Is it a good are to live and work? How about the people, etc?

Ilmi Thinsala wrote:

One of my friends have  received an offer letter from india and the place he is suppose to work is in Gurugram, Haryana india. Is it a good are to live and work? How about the people, etc?

I suggest you post this on the India section of the forum.

Gurugram or Gurgaon is one of the best places to work in Northern India. It is an urban city to work. The cost of living is high and there are a lot of expats in the town. It is near by the Indira Gandhi International Airport , New Delhi. 40 Km from the capitol of India. But you have to be careful as recently there have been a lot of crimes in the region.

In case you avoid going to  late night traveling alone , it should be all OK.

Source - worked 3 years in Gurugram

What do you mean the cost of living is high there? What does that look like? I plan a two week visit during my 6 month stay

Hi,

Gurgaon is part of NCR or national capitol region, which consists of more than 1 cities. The cost of living is high if compared to other cities in India, still less than most of the western cities. I do not know about the current rates but last year , If you try to book a taxi i.e. Uber/Ola you can get around with INR 5-7 / km i.e approximately USD1 for 12 KM. The properties on rent is comparatively higher than rest of the regions in NCR.