Live/Rock music - where

Are there any bars, venues that cater for people of a more rock oriented taste of music.

Can find plenty of sports/holiday bars/pubs but looking for something more suitable for the rock/emo/metal type clientele..spell?

Doesn't have to be live music, although thats great, but style of music is important, can't be doing with this Rap stuff...  messes with my greying hair.. hehe 
Thanks chaps.
:cool:

The Coach & Horses in Birkirkara is supposed to be a good venue for more alternative/indie/britpop kind of rock - I will be heading over there one night soon to check it out. They are on facebook.

I know someone in the local rock band Scream Daisy - he's very big into the local music scene, I'll ask him for some recommendations.

Tim

Coconut in paceville has some good bands on the 2nd floor often.  All Local bands, but I have really enjoyed the ones I have seen. 

\Chad

hammersfan wrote:

The Coach & Horses in Birkirkara is supposed to be a good venue for more alternative/indie/britpop kind of rock - I will be heading over there one night soon to check it out. They are on facebook.

I know someone in the local rock band Scream Daisy - he's very big into the local music scene, I'll ask him for some recommendations.

Tim

Hi Tim,

Sounds perfect.  I'll wait to hear info from your friend.

Where are Scream Daisy playing?  Could be worth popping along.

Cheers
Jules
x

I heard Scream Daisy play once outside in Valletta.  They were amazing.  I'd love to hear them again.  So if you find out anything from your friend Tim, please post it here.

I really enjoy any type of rock/alternative music as well.  Lucyanya, I'm with you on leaving the rap scene out of it though!  Since we have to get a babysitter, we really don't get out much to hear music (usually just a dinner or movie out here and there).  So I can't make any recommendations myself.

Kim