Sibiu?

Hello to All.  I am amy, and thinking of moving to Sibiu.  So i will have many questions, here.  I am from the San Francisco Bay Area.

Welcome  :cheers: Ask away...Sibiu is a nice area, great scenery around there.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Hi Amy!
My husband and I are moving to Sibiu in September.
Jill

Hi Jill.  Thank you for replying.  Are you very nervous to move to Sibiu?  I have never been, but only heard about it.  I will go for a visit and stay about a month and a half.  If it feels right, i will come back and try for six months.  If after six months, it feels like home, i'll stay for good!  Coming from Bay Area(San Francisco), i am used to lots of diversity and compassion.  My own family is diverse(i have a very sweet LGBTQ adult daughter) and i am also vegan.  I think those two things have me feeling some trepidation.  I lived all my life in Bay Area, so i did not even know in some areas of America, people coupd be so cruel to animals or racist, sexist, narrow-minded.  My hope was that if i move to a city that has many progressive people who appreciate art, culture, etc.. i will also find more sensitivity.. kindness.. honest people with Integrity.   Any thoughts you have.. i am so thankful to talk to someone!!

Thank you so much for your reply.  I will be looking for a room for rent for all of March and half of April 2018.   8 months seems very far away, but with how fast time flies, i know it will come so soon!  I am not a traveler, so i have lots of nerves to come.  The only place besides America i have been in the world is Romania.  But to a monastery in Fardea and Nera.  And quick drive through Bucharest, about four years ago.  I was in a little bit of shock but mostly in very good ways!  There are people who still care about the land.  And i found many do not like Monsanto.  Yay!  It is very hard to get away from genetically engineered and chemical spray in America(also why i wish to leave.)  You can hear real cuckoo birds in Romania!! You can find vegan food with no animal ingredients.  Simple, but lovely!  The weather did not seem extreme.  The country does not seem to attract a lot of drama or have interest in all the war domination American government does.  They care about bees!  And much more.  I was hoping if Sibiu becomes the right place for me to live forever, i can buy a little place with a small bit of yard to garden.  I am so excited!

Hi Amy,
I see this post is older, but thought I'd reply anyway. Do you still have plans to move to Sibiu? I live here and am originally from Utah which I saw you mentioned in your bio. Let me know if you have any more questions!

Amy:
We have moved to Sibiu and so far it has been great.  We are currently out of the country but would love to meet you when you come to Sibiu.  I am sorry for the late reply.  We sold our house and traveled across the US during the summer at the end of August we put our car on a ship and toured the East coast and then some of Europe picked up our car and drove to Sibiu.  Let me know when you are arriving and we can arrange to meet.
Jill

Wow, Jill!  You really did it.  I am very curious about how it is going for you.  I am still in Utah to help my daughters get stable with University, but they are soon to be on their own.  I think it will be a while longer before i can actually live in Sibiu, but i feel i should take a trip out and get myself familiar, if i can.  I'd like to get an idea of what it costs to live there.  I am so interested in what it is like for someone from Utah to be in Sibiu long term!  I would love to meet or talk more in detail.  Thank you!  ~ amy

Amy:

Sure we can talk.  How about we set up a chat after Christmas?

Jill

jmpaaso wrote:

Amy:

Sure we can talk.  How about we set up a chat after Christmas?

Jill

Please continue via the PM system, the forum isn't intended as a chat room.  Thanks.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team