Advice on UK to Malta Diving License ?

Hi there!

I'll be moving to Malta in September and am wondering if anyone can help me figure out the situation with my driving license...

I currently have a UK provisional license and have passed my theory test. Do you know if I can use my current license to undertake driving lessons in Malta, or if I'd need to apply for a Maltese probationary license and re-take the theory test?

Struggling to find any info on anything other than full UK driving license advice and haven't heard back from the department of transport.

Any help/info would be much appreciated! :)

Thanks,
Anastasia

I think you will find that what you have done so far will not count and you must obtain a learner's permit to drive which you can not apply for until you have been here six months and I believe you have to have an eResidence/ID card.

Ray

Transport Malta have since replied to my email, here's what they have said:

"Kindly note that a provisional licence is not considered as a valid driving licence.

To obtain a Maltese driving licence please note that first you have to be a holder of a Maltese ID Card / Residence Permit following 185 days of residency in Malta.  Following this period, kindly enrol with a motoring school, request a learner's permit and following the necessary tuition sit for both the theory and practical tests."

:)