Applying for German Work Visa (Non-IT Role)

Hi guys!

Really need some advice from all of you who are well versed with German work permit/national visa applications who are are currently working/living in Germany or have experience with this.

I've recently been offered employment with a technology healthcare startup in Frankfurt but the role offered is within the areas of English-speaking customer support, administration, procurement and e-commerce. I know that there is a shortage of labour in the IT and medical sectors, amongst a few others.

If the salary offered is below UR 39.624 per year, will the Federal Employment Agency be willing to pre-approve my application? Is there anyone here who has had their work permit application approved with a lower salary?

It seems that everyone who's successfully received a work permit is from the IT field. What about those with an administrative/communications background. Any success stories?

Thanks so much for reading and I look forward to your advice/thoughts.

There are definitely many non-EU foreigners working in roles other than IT, so it is possible to get a work permit.
I have never heard of pre-approval by the Fed. Employment Agency and wonder why they would do that or for what it is needed.