How to make friends in Gothenburg

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals or expatriates) when you're living in Gothenburg :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Gothenburg??

Thanks in advance for your participation

Im Henry Michigan,very nice and want to make friends really.Please pals getback to me thanks

[email protected]
i'm alone too, write me. my name is julia, i'm living in göteborg and i dont have a friends at all

hi there, i'm Ira, i am in gothenburg too, interested in making friends. if you are interested, just give me a hola!

by the way, it's Ira again, this is my email: [email protected]    let's meet up then!

Have you guys met? Lets meet up some time this weekend? Is anybody up for that?

One of the best ways to make friends is go to school and take Swedish language lessons (SFI). That's how I made friends. Of course they aren't Swedish friends but immigrants and expats like us. Making Swedish friends is probably much harder. I haven't a clue where to start...

I am srilankan and i am looking business partner from gothernburg in sweden
[email protected]

Im a Swede who lived in many different countries and I know how hard it can be to enter a new culture and country. If you need advice, someone to talk to or just hang out let me know.

[email protected]

Hi there!! there was an idea to meet once. Who is in???

Hi vashchillo,

I am in. Lemme know if there is a plan ? Message me ..

Just read  ronvims blog and I think joining an "innebandy" club may just be the way go!

Hey friends ... I am moving to Gothenburg from June.. wish to get lot of friends there :):)

hi everybody ...am rachid and il move to sweden soon and i realy need friends and many advices so welcom thx..

Welcome to Expat.com to all of you new members! :)
I hope you will enjoy your stay in Gothenburg and please do not hesitate to share your experience of life there here on the forum! :D

Hi i hope to move in sweeden but idon't know any body in this beautyfful country [email protected]

Hey,guys! I'm going to be in Gothenburg from November and I hardly know a soul there..:)

Time to organize an Expat.com meetup in Gothenburg maybe ? ;)

hello, i'm in for a Expat.com meetup in Gothenburg, :) see you soon....

Hi all,
I'm new in Got as well, i've seen some old message for meet up. If still the case, would be a pleasure to join or propose new event, please let me know if someone would be ready !
br
seb

Hello everyone,

I moved in Goteborg two weeks ago and I am here for 5 months! I came with a friend and we are willing to discover the city and meet new people!
Feel free to contact me! :)

Best,

Fadila

Welcome, Fadila! Enjoy  GBG ! :)

There are occasional courses in English if you want to practice a hobby or learn something new; look under Studieförbund and google Sensus, Medborgarskolan, Studiefrämjandet etc. I just checked Sensus and they have Chinese cooking in Engl. and Storytelling.
sensus.se/Sok/Kurser/?searchquery=english&searchmunicipality=

There is also en expat seminar running in Feb March; family-lab.se/29e_februari_goteborg_expat_in_sweden_0900_-_1200.asp

This could be good ways to find friends; maybe not Swedish but friends in a similar situation, and also eager to make new friends.

hey guys! been here in gothenburg for almost 2 years but the few people i know are 98% swedish. would be nice to meet some other fellow aussies,kiwis or from other english speaking countries.
cheers :D

Hi Guys,

I just moved to Gothenburg a few days ago. I moved here to be closer to my boyfriend. However i would love to make some friends as i have none!! If anyone is local and speaks english and would like to meet over a coffee i would love too!!

Nickita :)

Nickita wrote:

Hi Guys,

I just moved to Gothenburg a few days ago. I moved here to be closer to my boyfriend. However i would love to make some friends as i have none!! If anyone is local and speaks english and would like to meet over a coffee i would love too!!

Nickita :)

Hey there! :) Hope GBG is treating you well so far! :)

hey guys, seems everybody up for a gettogether??me and ma girlfriend new in the town and will be happy to meet new ppl. i found gothenborg expats facebook group and some ppl gonna meet tomorrw Chez Amis for beer. i am also would like to try afterwork culture here. so how to make the gathering??

que pex raza ... no se aguiten .. aqui tienen un amigo , no mas pasamos antes a system bolaguet por unas chelas y quiza una carnita asada no?    donde andan los paisanos chingao !!  je  saludos !!   .. 

ok that was for the mexican crowd and for the others well dont be sad lets go to system bolaguet have a few beers and maybe some barbacue ,,  i am avaible !!!   just making new friends , i live here in gotemborg whit my girlfriend ,,,

feel free to chat or email .. 

see you people be proactive 8)

leoo90 wrote:

que pex raza ... no se aguiten .. aqui tienen un amigo , no mas pasamos antes a system bolaguet por unas chelas y quiza una carnita asada no?    donde andan los paisanos chingao !!  je  saludos !!   .. 

ok that was for the mexican crowd and for the others well dont be sad lets go to system bolaguet have a few beers and maybe some barbacue ,,  i am avaible !!!   just making new friends , i live here in gotemborg whit my girlfriend ,,,

hello,,there are some ppl in facebook group "expats in gothenborg" and "Gothenborg expats" arranging events. if u like football, there is a group for that also. this forum is not much active, honestly speaking,, but should really try to do something together..

cheers!!

Hej hej!!!

I am Daniela. Also new here in Göteborg and know nobody.
Is anyone keen to meet for a coffe or a drink?

Cheers

I can go out for a drink tonight.but cant make it before 10pm. Anyone else?

Or anyone up for a coffee tomorrw?

Well, my bfriend and I are going to the centre this afternoon.

keen for a coffe?

Cheers

Hi daniela, i am actually on the way back to home from nordstan but i wll b in the city after 6, ......u guys gonna b late? From 8, we gonna watch football in  in the city.

Hi Cheers for reply, it will be a bit late for us.
LetŽs catch up in the week after work, for a coffe or a meal in town.

Text later what time suit you.

Regards

hey daniela, some ppl are talking over facebook group for afterwork tomorrow. wanna join us? i proposed Lilla london but the place is still not decided.

Hello buddies

[Moderated]

Hi guys! Shira from South Africa... married and living in Gothenburg. Anyone free to meet up for coffee and some chill time around the second week of september? My email is [email protected]   Would love to meet some new people :-)

leoo90 wrote:

Qué onda mano, Me llamo Joseph, vivo en Cuernavaca, Morelos, quiero mudarme a Suecia pero no conozco a nadie allá y tengo poca información acerca de cómo le puedo hacer... cualquier tipo de información te agradeceré. Saludos (y)

Closed