Recognition of foreign qualifications in Taiwan

Hello everyone,

Were your professional qualifications recognised in Taiwan? What country did you complete your qualifications in? What profession are you in?

Did you have to go through any formalities to get your qualifications recognised, such as to have them translated?

If your qualifications weren't recognised, were there any additional tests or exams you had to complete before you were able to practice your profession in Taiwan or continue with your studies?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Priscilla

"Qualifications" of any kind in Taiwan, where nepotism and influence peddling are rampant even in banks, are not to be taken seriously. Plenty of Caucasians without skills and have overstayed their visa teach English in Taiwan. While I worked for a firm that hired poor Taiwanese without considering qualification. Even lawmakers get away with stating in resume phony diplomas from the West.

Priscilla, I got my qualifications in America -Associate of Arts degree in 1983, & my 4 yr bachelor's degree &TESOL certificate just last yr.  I first started teaching ESL in Taiwan in 1997, and the schools weren't very strict about the qualifications, & they
hired me (at the time, I just had an AA degree). (I left Taiwan in 2012& came back just this yr. in March 2017 & applied for a job at several cram schools- these schools all requested me to send my scanned documents of 4 yr. college diploma, TEFL certificate, &passport.There are cram schools that don't require these qualifications but I think you should have at least a TEFL certificate (it takes only 2 to 3 months to get one).  I hope this helps.