Close

Recognition of foreign qualifications in the Philippines

Hello everyone,

Were your professional qualifications recognised in the Philippines? What country did you complete your qualifications in? What profession are you in?

Did you have to go through any formalities to get your qualifications recognised, such as to have them translated?

If your qualifications weren't recognised, were there any additional tests or exams you had to complete before you were able to practice your profession in the Philippines or continue with your studies?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Priscilla

I am a retired senior high school teacher of Mathematics and Science from Australia with 28years experience. If my qualifications are adequate or not is of no concern to me. I would not teach here on a salary for a multitude of reasons. I did offer my services as a volunteer at a local high school a few years ago. It seemed to me that this was all too hard for the school to accommodate so as with many strange procedures here I just shook my head and gave it no further consideration.

Not surprised.
There was a well known Australian Swimming Coach (one time Coach to a National European Team), who offered his services free to the local swimming club.
He was turned down.
A family member of mine was a member of the swimming club, and she explained why, and it was
"We don't need foreigners to teach us how to swim".

Foreigners in the PI would have no interest in a salary job .   The pay is to low.  As a Medical professional I could get a job, but why.  For a 80% salary reduction.
I did offer to volunteer but I sensed the needed a bilingual person.

I agree with the other people who responded. I am not interested in working here because the pay is too low. I have made presentations gratis to university students.

I am setting up my own English school online to teach foreign execs how to write business English. My first advert/lesson is how to write a business memo which I will put on Youtube. I also have a website.

Oldbaz95...This is just another example of fil-logic. Maybe this is why Philippine olympic medals are as rare as hens teeth and Australia has 497. No amount of rational discussion will alter the thinking behind this. You just have to accept it. Welcome to the Philippines!

I agree,  that is such an arrogant irritating attitude.  I find just because someone has the credentials of a doctor here, everything they say is believed by the local..even nonsense advice which I've personally heard firsthand, "Don't eat pork, you will be fine" - With my licensing , education, and experience I could blow 99% of the practitioners out of the water but as someone mentioned previously why bother? The pay cut is too low and for people unappreciative or set in their ways of thinking it is simply not worth my time. I've had managers/executives of medical facilities literally beg me to help their facility and/or clinic and I responded the same.."I apologize, It is simply not worth my time".  I sadly believe that until the mindset of the individuals change nothing on a major level is going to change.  That is for everywhere, if you are fine with poor service that is what you will get...

i agree with all the above said....i am half asian...(dutch/indonesian) grew up in Europe live/work in Manila now.

The problem of the people here is ....false (high) pride/crab mentality.....they suffer from an identity crisis and they don't know how to cure themselves. Truly looking into themselves via self perception is what they are lacking.

Therefore this country will never ever be modern.....so sad but true.....modern colonialism is still going on and the elite here sustains it.

Their true potential has been exploited by their own Elite.......and they don't know how to  stand up against them.......such a pity

I find this message stream interesting.  I'm a pharmacist who is interested in retiring in the Philippines and was hoping to put my skills to use there, even as a volunteer.  I will think twice, and maybe just enjoy retirement instead.

Well I would say the same about Indonesian :-)

Hmm...the medication names are completely different even compared to Brand/generic names. Try Mnefemic Acid prescribed as a pain relievers, its an NSAID, not containing APAP, in the states better known as IBUPROFEN or similar

Expatriate health insurance in the Philippines

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in the Philippines

Moving to the Philippines

Find tips from professionals about moving to the Philippines

Travel insurance in the Philippines

Enjoy stress-free travel to the Philippines