Recognition of foreign qualifications in Panama

Hello everyone,

Were your professional qualifications recognised in Panama? What country did you complete your qualifications in? What profession are you in?

Did you have to go through any formalities to get your qualifications recognised, such as to have them translated?

If your qualifications weren't recognised, were there any additional tests or exams you had to complete before you were able to practice your profession in Panama or continue with your studies?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Priscilla

If you plan to come to Panama and work in your former profession, you may be very disappointed. Most jobs aren't open to foreigners, and even if you could get a job you probably wouldn't like the pay. Most expats who work here have their own business or work remotely over the internet.

Unfortunately there are no jobs in Panama and very few people care about good service in Panama.
I learned electrician and after that i went into telecom and networking in Germany later i got into security systems as well. I can install almost any electronic or electric equipment sometimes even without knowing it before. In Panama they offered me a job for $1000 dollar a month and another big company for about $1500 dollar a month all in Panama city. Working from 9 to 5 every day with a lot of pressure and on delicate equipment. Its a joke. In Germany you can just sit at home and get the same money without working.
I have been offered jobs in other countries with a starting salary of 5000 dollar a month where the living costs are far less than panama. Even in Africa i made 2500 dollar a month where everyone was poor around me. Only with working as a technician, i just brought my tool bag and after 3 months in Africa i was making money. Panama is a very very bad place for everything. Its not only the locals are bad, the foreigners here are bad as well - for example they have no problem to pay some lazy guys a lot of cash for primitive garden work (you know the locals always overcharging the foreigners) but when i go to install some devices or repair something complicated they are complaining about the prices and most of the time don't give me the job. Sometimes the fix is only 100 dollar but they are so greedy here sitting in their big house with their big car but are not able to pay you 100 dollar to program the alarm system. Imagine this. what a bad bad country with bad people, seriously.

I would love to continue my dental laboratory work (orthodontics) down in Panama. Wouldn't care about low pay. Would just want part time because I'd be retired. I'm 63 now. Ciao.