Recognition of foreign qualifications in Italy

Hello everyone,

Were your professional qualifications recognised in Italy? What country did you complete your qualifications in? What profession are you in?

Did you have to go through any formalities to get your qualifications recognised, such as to have them translated?

If your qualifications weren't recognised, were there any additional tests or exams you had to complete before you were able to practice your profession in Italy or continue with your studies?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Priscilla

I have a degree in Hotel Management studied in Jersey Uk , Switzerland and London and my qualifications were 100% acknowledged -

It totally depends on 2 things:
1) whether your qualification is medical or non-medical,
2) If you are an EU or non-EU citizen.

Medical qualification + non-EU citizen = the most tragic and wretched condition a person can be/have. Way too complicated.

In any case, the one advice I would like to give about that, is to not step onto Italian lands without at least a B2 fluency in Italian (oh, yeah, sorry, I forgot to add the language barrier to the aforementioned miserable equation).

You should have no problems if you are interested in working in the private sector, but if you have hopes of working for any kind of public/civil service job (even the most insignificant one) - get ready for a ridiculous, frustrating, expensive journey in which you may even have to return to the university if they don't think your degree is 'recognizable'. That is, however subject to the individual university you apply to for recognition.

Good luck to one and all!

In the field of IT . YES!  Skills and work qualifications are recognized. Philippines

MaggieSteven wrote:

It totally depends on 2 things:
1) whether your qualification is medical or non-medical,
2) If you are an EU or non-EU citizen.

Medical qualification + non-EU citizen = the most tragic and wretched condition a person can be/have. Way too complicated.

In any case, the one advice I would like to give about that, is to not step onto Italian lands without at least a B2 fluency in Italian (oh, yeah, sorry, I forgot to add the language barrier to the aforementioned miserable equation).

Absolutely  right.    If someone  is not an EU citizen,  Italy  is a bureaucratic, discriminatory, disgusting  nightmare....especially for Americans and Canadians.    A  person  with an M.B.A. from a prestigious business school in the U.S. ,  native language is English,  can't even get an interview.   An American or Canadian,  who speaks English impeccably, can't teach English in Italy, because of the idiotic bureaucracy.  Instead,  the schools hire Italians who "think" that they can speak English and who  do not know the language, the grammar,  sentence construction ,etc.  in fact the Italian teachers who pretend to teach English in Italian schools know nothing.   Therefore the students are learning nothing.      If they can't think of any other excuse...they discriminate against the age of the person.  The whole thing  is a disgrace.

#horseman
Uh..thank you!!
At least I am not alone.

Yes they were recognized,all you have to do is to go to Italian embassy in your Country and they will verify and also do the qualification assessment for you.

Well said,you can face the worst discrimination in Italy

I like italy contrary work .help me.

Hello, I am also from the Philippines, can I ask how what did you do to make your degree here in Italy be recognized.

Thank you.

That is not  at all the case.