Recognition of foreign qualifications in Germany

Hello everyone,

Were your professional qualifications recognised in Germany? What country did you complete your qualifications in? What profession are you in?

Did you have to go through any formalities to get your qualifications recognised, such as to have them translated?

If your qualifications weren't recognised, were there any additional tests or exams you had to complete before you were able to practice your profession in Germany or continue with your studies?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Priscilla

Hello
As about your studies.. is a long procedure to follow..
First you need german language profiency until C1 .. and after that, if you do not have a german abiture (diploma), you can make 1 year preparations, called Studienkolleg.. at the end, you will be accepted in the university!
All the best!

your question is too vague. be more explicit. what profession? which country did you get your qualification? that will help for someone to give you a detail and tailored response

Hello everyone,

Not a friend of beaurocracy at all, so I applied for Jobs directly without involving any govt. agency. I had my CV both in Deutsch and English, so that I was ready for both situations, so the answer is yes, I have always found employers who are anxious about what am ready to deliver and not what my certificates say. I actually left work to pursue further education here in Dtland which expectedly added value that facilitated my current employment in Clinical Research/ Pharma Industry. Surprising, employers are often okay with my CV without requestion for certificates. Hope this helps!

I made the Annerkenung in the field of architecture and urbanism after a long process and some difficulties (like finding the right place to send my documents). I also had to spend some money with the translation of my documents.