Recognition of foreign qualifications in Czech Republic

Hello everyone,

Were your professional qualifications recognised in Czech Republic? What country did you complete your qualifications in? What profession are you in?

Did you have to go through any formalities to get your qualifications recognised, such as to have them translated?

If your qualifications weren't recognised, were there any additional tests or exams you had to complete before you were able to practice your profession in Czech Republic or continue with your studies?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Priscilla

As a native speaker of English teaching in a Czech grammar school I was required a few years ago to study for my Master's degree in teaching. My bachelor's degree from the University of Otago in New Zealand was recognised for entrance into the study programme after being authenticated, so no problem getting my foreign qualifications recognised.

I completed a Celta Certification before starting to teach.When I started teaching it was not essential to have a certification. Nowadays it a definite requirement; a Trinity certificate or Celta.

Due to the EU passporting rules on investment advice, our UK head office only needs to ensure our qualifications meet their criteria- So, mine stood. However, with Brexit, it means I have some exams to do for EU licences if the UK leaves the Single Market as our passport into the EU from the UK will no longer be valid.