How to make friends in the French Riviera

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals or expatriates) when you're living in the French Riviera :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in the French Riviera??

Thanks in advance for your participation

Well.. I live at French Riviera since one month and half At the moment i'm quite lonely so.. hope somebody from this area wil look here!! :)

Mila, I know how you feel.  In most French towns there is an association called Acceuil des Villes Francaise or AVF  - you can ggogle it. For an annual membership fee of 50€ you can take part in several activities including French conversation, randonées, square dancing, tennis or you can offer to start up your own activity.  All the activities are free. The best part is that you meet some wondeful people, French and expat through these activities. I only participate in the French conversation and I help organise the English conversation for those who want to practice their English, and we now have a very wide circle of friends. Try it.  I plan to write about my experience with this organisation shortly on my blog at www.ferrielbrooks.com. Good luck and let me know how you get on.

I'd recommend basic people skills by getting to know your locals, starting with the neighbours - drop a bottle of wine round at christmas, la fete des voisins (immeublesenfete.com/) is another way to get to know people.  L'heure de l'apero is a sure fire way of settling everyone in - around 6ish on a Friday evening, invite a handful of neighbours round - get some pastis, some muscat, some home made vin d'orange - loads of snacks and join in... we did this even with basic language skills at the time and were accepted right away... and then invited back... my advice is to go for it !