School for my 6yo thai girl in singapore who know absolutely no eng

Hi am new here. happened to chance upon this website while scouring the net for a school for my little girl.

Would any of you Thai expats in Singapore know of a school where i can put my Thai 6yo without any English language in her "dictionary?"

She will have to undergo English as a primary language & other subjects for an education in Singapore.

Any help rendered will be useful. I suppose she will also have to be under a study visa of some sorts.

Appreciate your valuable replies.

Regards

Hi cjwee and Welcome on Expat.com :)

I hope the other members will advise you soon!

Regards

Julie wrote:

Hi cjwee and Welcome on Expat.com :)

I hope the other members will advise you soon!

Regards

Julie,

Thanks for your warm welcome. I do hope there'll be people to guide me

Regards

Nfirdaus wrote:

Hi , why not u put her in any kindergarten that can accept 6 years old kids mixing with a younger age kids.
I was once a kid in a Malay speaking family. I went to Kindergarten 1 without understanding English but after the 2nd year in School, I managed to speak in English . Now as a grown up adult, I can speak and write English well.
Put her in any kindergarten, highlight your concern and let he/ she mix with other kids.

Hi Nfirdaus,

I was actually also thinking of setting her up in a kindergarten since Montesorri & PAP is just around the corner!

I really hope the teachers are as dedicated as they are portrayed.

Did you have a language tutor after school? Am not really sure if children that young can take the stress..

Regards

Helo.. i come to singapore at age of 10 years old facing same problem of no english background. Therefore for education different they place me to grade 4 instead of grade 2. As for your daughter no need to worry much sent her into kindergarden such as PAP. From there on hire a tutor to give some extra tuition very soon she will able to adapt to here.=D