Visiting and working in Slovenia

HI My name is Eugene
Trough research I found your website online I was hoping you could assist me.
I have a friend that invited me to Italy for a visit in the near future.

I saved up some money for a short stay there, but I'm looking to extend my stay in Europe  for a Quite wile longer.

Unfortunately if I would like to do that I have to find a job to support my stay. I was wondering if you know if it is difficult to get a work permit or a work visa for Slovenia if you are not an eu resident.

I am qualified as and Art director / graphic designer where I'm from but I would not mind doing something else at all such as bar work or work at a resort in the winter or summer season. That might be an amazing break that I need. I can speak English German and Dutch.Would not mind to take some time to learn another language and culture. I can provide a personal website and cv if needed.At the moment there is also a lot of political/racial and employment discrimination problems in my country wish i to at least like to take a break from.

I was wondering if you might be able to give me some feedback or advise of how I can get in contact with the right channels. I find Slovenia to be a very intriguing and beautiful place and would love to have an opportunity to visit some day soon.I have a big interest in languages,culture and history and love the European countryside.I dont mind the cold that much and love the snow.  Im a hard working and committed to learn more and looking for an opportunity. Im currently residing in Capetown South Africa 

Kind regards
Eugene Van der Merwe

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hi Eugene,

Welcome to the forums. My advice is that you take advantage of your visit to Europe to set work interviews. With your CV in graphic design and knowledge of germanic languages you should be suitable for a number of openings. Work hard online researching company profiles that may interest you and apply.

If you have a specific interest in Slovenia check start-up and multinational companies with presence here. In particular those revolving around information technology in Ljubljana.

Good luck!

Thank you for the message..yes im currently doing research on design agencies ect in the aria and might email a couple of letters with a cv..Regarding Slovenia the reason why i was considering it is because I will have a friend living close buy in Italy.I also heard that it might be a little les difficult to get a permit or employment in Slovenia than in some of the other European countries..I dont know if that is true or not ? as well from what ive heard and saw it seems like a plesant place to live and work.lm also trying to find out if there is any recruiters or placement agenceys for the area.I will have to do some more research.

Slovenia is indeed a beautiful, green, very safe and friendly country. A couple of small drawbacks are a reduced job market given its small population and that some jobs may require the local language. Though, in your area of experise English should be the standard language of communication.
I am not aware of large differences in employment or resident permit issues in countries in the Mediterranean basin. And even though Austria or Switzerland may be more restrictive on paper they host large foreign-born populations, that speaks volumes of the easy of movement in the European Union.
In my experience, it is easier to search for a job if you decide where to live first.
Keep going Eugene ;-)

Hi D Bosch thanks for the helpfull information..yes il keep trying.Im shure il find an opertunity soon..I'm doing some more research and sending trough some cvs../If there is annyone in this group that might know of or might have an jobopening in advertising or hospitality / general  please be so kind to give me a shout and i can forward my cv and website best regards