Anyone living in Dominical area?

thinking of moving to Dominical area. what about rent, health clinics, hospital, markets? anyone out there?  i may want to share housing.   thanks  cooler at water or more upper level?

jabird wrote:

thinking of moving to Dominical area. what about rent, health clinics, hospital, markets? anyone out there?  i may want to share housing.   thanks  cooler at water or more upper level?

Hola Jabird!

Rode my moto there one time two years ago.  First I would say, it's hot.  Really hot.  Nice place to visit if you like hot but you couldn't pay me to live there.  AND, once again, that's just me.  Others might love living there.  You would need to just spend some time there and see if it fits you.  Did I mention it's HOT?  ☀️😱

Just looked up rentals real quick on Craigslist and they run from $450-$550 average (furnished), up to whatever you want to pay.  Quepos is the best bet for an emergency (CAJA Hospital). There is a Clinic available in Uvita.  These are rural hospitals and clinics.  Fine for minor injuries up to broken bones.  Anything serious you would need to get into San Jose.  There are markets pretty much anywhere you go in this country - including the absolutely middle of nowhere.

- Expat Dave