Newbie in Valencia

I have been living in Valencia for 5 weeks now - and what a learning curve! It;s a beautiful city yet I have not seen so much of it. Much of my time has been getting our home set up. We had most of our belongings with us when we arrived, but other things like fridge and washing machine and so on were best bought here.
We arrived in Spain in January and stayed in Murla. We arrived from Scotland so we apologise, but it seems like we brought the weather with us and it was a cold winter with the first snow in decades. Mea Culpa :)
Now, I can only function part of the day because I have not yet adapted to the heat. However, with our home mostly sorted, I feel "safe" and am ready to take on discovering this wonderful city - and learning Spanish. I have picked up odd phrases here and there but I want to be able to do more than order food in a restaurant!
So far, I am stumbling between recognising the difference between Spanish and Valencian but give me time...
I would love to hear from other people who are open to meeting new people as well. I am 59 and semi retired. I design natural skincare and do research and development for a company back in Scotland. My husband is a translator. This means we both work from home.

I'm not sure what else to say at this point, so over to you.
Mike

Hi Mike

I would love to meet you and your family for a coffee to chat and to share experiences.  I moved to Valencia on the same day as you!  I'm finding my way around the city.

I'm a New Zealander, 56, living in China, and this will be my holiday home.  I have some visitors coming in patches periodically this summer which is lovely.  I have no Spanish yet, and meeting some expats would be great.

kind regards

Angela Needham