How to get road repaired?

So, is there a process whereby we can complain somewhere about the state of the road outside our building and anything will be done about it?

It's really bad as it's a main road everyone uses to get from one side of Janabiya to another. Over a year ago they just put down a really thin layer of asphalt over dirt which didn't really last. Then when we had all the rain last winter, it fell to pieces really quickly.

Do I go to the Northern Governorate office or is there a number to call?

Will it make any difference?

Should I just hire some contractors and do it myself?


Found this online … fault.aspx


Excellent! Thanks. Report submitted. Let's see if anything happens.

Ministry of Works is the right authority to report such matters.
Good luck suburbansam  :top:

Got an email yesterday saying

Our working team is taking care of your complaint

We shall see...

Hurray! you've got a reply  :D

I actually already had one. Minutes after I entered it into the system, I got a text from "Noriko Yasuda" saying that my complaint had been registered. I replied in Japanese saying thank you. The text could not be delivered.

Not sure why the MOW is using a Japanese woman's name to send people texts  :lol:


New topic

Expatriate health insurance in Bahrain

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Bahrain

Moving to Bahrain

Find tips from professionals about moving to Bahrain

Travel insurance in Bahrain

Enjoy stress-free travel to Bahrain