I m looking for infos about opening a business

Hello every1

What if i open a restaurant and a gym in Nadi? Any chance i can get a permanent visa for me and my wife?
I could invest 70/140 k $.

I have found this:

Elegibility:

A minimum deposit placement of FJ$150,000 and maintain the deposit in Fiji for a minimum of 2 years for those aged 50 years and below.

here: ftib.org.fj/pages.cfm/for-investors/why-invest-in-fiji/incentives-1.html

Thanks and have a nice day

M

No, you cannot get a permanent visa, but a workpermit, for both you and you wife. This permit needs to be periodically renewed, after checks and approvals. Each renewal costs money.

With the type of business you wish to do come certain rules and regulations as well. Those can be looked up on the ftib website as well. There it tells you how much you have to invest, how much percentage (if any) local partnership/ shareholding you need, so on so forth.

The link you are referring to is about the "2nd home scheme", which is nothing but the old "permit to enter and reside on assured income" with a new name. This will NOT give you the possibility to work.

Everybody who wants to invest or work in Fiji, has to get in contact with the FTIB and Immigration first, in that order. Never do anything here without the proper paperwork completed, I have seen people get burned badly. Sure, some make it for a while, but why take the risk. Immigration can get nasty...

Hey Just thanks for the reply, i checked on that website and looks like there is a minimum ammount to invest that s really low. it s just 30,000..
I think here works like in Maurizius where you have to renew your workpermit visa every few years.

there is a friend of mine that came back from Fiji just few days ago and he is in love with that island. He is wondering about the chance to buy a portin of land and build a resort there..
I m pretty sure it s not possible.. Do ou kow anythng about that?

M

Hi AlanMcJ!

Do not hesitate to create a new topic on the Fiji forum if you want information and advices for your friend on buying land portions. Other members may help you ;)

Wishing you good luck
Armand

Hello Alan,

yes, it is possible. This here is perhaps not the right place to tell you about all the intricacies of buying land here and opening of a business, but generally speaking, it is absolutely possible. I could imagine that there might even be some Gov't incentives regarding taxes and so on, especially for tourism development. Always dependent on the size of investment, but nevertheless.