Close

How to rid yourself of boredom

I am new here in Kuwait, and need to socialize to get rid of boredom... any advice ??

For me, I just go out for a walk to explore.  Not so much anymore since it's gotten so hot but it was nice to explore the area and just see what's out there.  The Friday market and Souk Al-Mubarakiya are always nice for a weekend day trip.  I've found that just walking around you meet tons of cool people.

Down at the beach near the marina mall I see people playing beach vollyball all the time, it might be worth it to see if you can jump in as a +1?  I sat on the pier near the japanese restaurant and met a guy taking a 360 picture for google maps

https://www.google.com.kw/maps/@29.3449 … 2688?hl=en

Cool guy to talk to.  He was from India, worked IT and did stuff like this for a hobby.  If you were interested in photography maybe it's something to do?

Lately though (read:  since Ramadan started), it's just been a lot of tinkering with the car, netflix, and online games.  Maybe when the heat dies down a bit I'll get back out and about ;)

I go to coffee shops, well just starbucks. (That sounds a little boring but hey! At least you can see a lot of people and you won't be at home alone.) If you are lucky, you can meet friends as well!

I think the biggest question is "What would you do back home if you were bored?"

I know it's not always that easy because sometimes we're here by ourselves while we wait for family visas or our household goods to be shipped, but I think every expat here has been in that position once and is willing to help us newcomers.

Since the original posting I've found football (soccer to us americans) and cricket games all over town.  Lots of fun to watch (it seems like any empty lot is a potential cricket field just before sunrise and just after sunset).  Especially Fahaheel beach.

Walking and biking paths near the science center (all the way up to the marina mall), and another across the street from the AUS (american united school?).

There's archery at the Maydeen Shooting Range behind Sahara Resorts,  I see lots of people fishing off the coast,  A friend of mine bought nitro RC cars from a hobby shop and we take those to empty parking lots on the weekends, and so on.

So yeah, lots to do.  Just a little more difficult to find than we're used to.

Expatriate health insurance in Kuwait

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Kuwait

Moving to Kuwait

Find tips from professionals about moving to Kuwait

Travel insurance in Kuwait

Enjoy stress-free travel to Kuwait

Flights to Kuwait

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Kuwait