Relocating from Saudi Arabia to Bahrain - Few Questions

Hey guys,

My company have recently announced that we are moving few departments in the company to Bahrain  as they will be registering their business in Bahrain getting office and all that will be sorted within few months time.

Accordingly  we have been advised to start preparing yourself to move to Bahrain, few import questions for the regulars here might already been have answered but just wanted to get an on hands with my queries.

1. Are there really some areas with disturbance due to shia / sunni conflicts as we heard, are there some areas to avoid when i am looking for apartment to rent.

2.can I get a mobile sim as soon as i land on my passport or do i have to have the CPR for this.

3. Is there any exit re entry visas for going out and coming in Bahrain like it is in Saudi

4. Are there any options for Multiple Visit Visa valid for a year or two as I am planing to have this for my parents so they can come and go within this period to Bahrain whenever they want to

5. Do you need to have 3 months bank statement before you can actually get a car on lease / installment

6. is there central cooking gas in Apartments or gas cylinders like Saudi Arabia.

if anyone can answer for the above would be really grateful as i have not been able to find clear answer for these queries for everything else its all covered any way.

Thank You

Farukh

1. Yes , just some villages that often have some disturbances .
You got areas like Seef , Amwaj , Juffair , Riffa , again depends on where your office will be located so you don't have to indulge with traffic everyday .

2. Yessss , why not , when you land go to any mobile counter and get a sim based on your passport :)

3. No exit/re-entry like in Saudi , imagine the freedom you get ;)

4. Yes , you got a 1 year multiple visit visa , it's available online .

5. Bank statement do matter , sometimes salary slips will do .

6. No idea , but it must be gas cylinders .

Great @gunner757 bro thanks for the advice it is all clear except for the gas thing hopefully shud get an update on this..

Welcome , any queries , feel free to write .

6. is there central cooking gas in Apartments or gas cylinders like Saudi Arabia.

Depends on the apartment some of them use electric rest gas.

5. Do you need to have 3 months bank statement before you can actually get a car on lease / installment

When I moved to Bahrain I leased a car immediately, by providing a letter from my company confirming my employment and salary.

Great guys you guys are really helpful appreciated juwt trying to gather as much info as possible.. wanted to cover all ends before i actually move how hectic is the process for getting an apartment as i have been told we will be staying in a hotel for 2 weeks till we find a place would 2 weeks be enough i have been trying to look for apartments on the website property finder not many options though roaming around would help

One more quick question i have saudi driving license would it be easy to convert it to bahraini license?

Yes, you can surrender you Saudi License and get a Bahraini one

http://www.expat-blog.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=291865

T&R