Close

For those who have applied for residency permit in 2017

Hej! I'm from the US, and have applied for a residency visa to live with my boyfriend who is Swedish. For those of you who have applied for the same visa this year (2017), how long has it taken for you to get an interview? We submitted our application on June 8th, and I'm HOPING maybe I'll get a response for an interview in two months (trying to stay hopeful here!) I can't imagine this whole process of getting the visa taking up to 18 months like the website says.. it seems like they just say that as a way to cover themselves. What do you guys think? Is it possible it could happen in less than a year?

Also, does anyone know how quick the whole process is if they don't need any extra information/if you turned in all of the required paperwork, etc?

Thanks!

Hi Kate, I was applied residence permit last February 26, 2017 but until now I'm still waiting   their email for an interview.

HI! What country are you applying from? And have they asked you to supply more information or documents yet?

I'm from Philippines.

I'm from Philippines.
They don't asked me yet but since my boyfriend always follow up our application, they asked him some more documents about the house were he lives, about his work(salary), and also our photos when we we're together.

This will be so strange for u if your application will take so long because u come from US but why he doesn't apply to come US ?

Hi Kate ,I have applied this year on August 2017 I got the email to book for the interview on September which I did book but they gave me in December.. So minimum wait for the interview for me was 5months calculating from when I applied ..now waiting for them to give the decision .18months to 25 its a long wait I hope they give sooner .(I am from Kenya )

Expatriate health insurance in Stockholm

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Stockholm

Moving to Stockholm

Find tips from professionals about moving to Stockholm

International Wealth Management

Get advice from well-reputed and experienced international wealth managers regarding your financial affairs

Travel insurance in Stockholm

Enjoy stress-free travel to Stockholm