Finding an obstetrician and gynecologist in Riyadh

Hi Folks,
I am new here in Riyadh KSA, just arrived couple of weeks ago.

I need an advice in finding obstetrician/gynecologist. Actually  my Insurance is in progress (paper works, contract signing etc) and I didn't received insurance docs/card yet.

Anyhow, we need to consult obstetrician/gynecologist for some preganncy initial tests & observations, can any body suggest where to look for such service when you have to pay from your pocket.

We dont want to wait untill my company finalise the paper work against insurance becoz I am sure they will take atleast take 2-3 weeks more (I am aware of their pace of work :) ).

Thanks in advance

Hi, welcome to the blog.

Without insurance you will have to pay and any hospital will have a gynae and obs outpatients department. They usually on appointment basis, so you will not be able to arrive and be seen by a doctor, u will need to make appointment to return. Costs usually about SR300-600 consultation.

Self tests are cheaper at pharmacies - your pharmacist will help you.

Your health insurance may take up to 3 months - Insha'alla.

Hi Asteroid and welcome to Riyadh!

I could personally recommend to you the Saudi British hospital, its a maternity hospital right on the middle of the city. Good doctors from various nationality (Russian, Indian, Swedish,)western trained is not that easy to find I noticed when looking for one.The place is very clean and could say even luxurious :)Their number is 014636666
If you're pregnant they have a really good package deal that includes all the checkup and labs you need for the whole pregnancy included, depending on which dr you choose its starting from around 1500 SAR.
You might like Consulting clinics or the Specialized medical center, also have heard good from these places.