How to make friends in Almeria

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals or expatriates) when you're living in Almeria :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Almeria??

Thanks in advance for your participation

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals or expatriates) when you're living in Almeria :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Almeria??

Thanks in advance for your participation

(moderated: no free ads, pls)

Spaniards are very friendly and are easy to meet. Asking a question is a good start. You should go to a popular Spanish activity - soccer game, bullfight (hee hee) or to a museum. When you need an 'English' fix, there are several towns full of expats - Mojácar, Albox, Arboleas, Zurgena and Roquetas de Mar.

slt,
je viens de france pour les besoins de ma thèse, pour 3 semaines,
je ne parles pas bien espagnol, et je voulais savoir si quelqu'un peut m'aider....
merci d'avance pour vos réponses
see you

I think in Almeria there is a good film festival where you can find some friend. Also the old village where a lot of spaghetti westerns were made.

Hi I have just bought a 1 bed holiday let in Alta Entinas. Anyone know the area? Would love to hear from you. I am due to fly out in a couple of weeks and need to kit out the flat with stuff. Nearest cheap and cheerful shops would be a great help! Also info on the golf courses? Look forward to any replies!
Stella

This may not be for everyone however, My mother moved her 7 years ago after my father died (she's 70 now), initially it worried me as I have a business as does my wife and we do not get much free time, so the last thing we wanted was a mother living on our doorstep.  When she came over she brought her 8 year old dog Chester.  initially we rented her an apartment until the house we were having built was finished, and the plan was when we moved she would move into ours.  By walking the dog every day at the same sort of time, she met other people doing the same and inevitably conversations were struck very quickly, this led to invitations and a social leg up.  to move this on a bit our house was finished and we moved then she moved into our other and the same happened again, ,more invites and more social.  You now have to make an appointment to see her if its not a day trip here its a lunch there.  Sadly Chester is no longer with us but he did his job.  I sometimes think that he was sent as a guardian angel and when he had done his job and was no longer needed he left. I am not saying that a dog is the answer to everyone's needs, however if you were considering it don't wait.  We sponsor puppy rescue and this or any charity would be a good place to start as there are so many strays looking for good homes here, and I would not be without the three that I have.  There is no feeling like turning an abused animal into a loving caring pet.